Author Topic: Shaving brushes  (Read 2507 times)

Offline TheGreatBaldini

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving brushes
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »
Hey everyone I had a question maybe someone can answer. Ive been shaving my head for almost half my life and just got a shaving brush for Christmas.My god it gives the best shave with the shaving soap that ive ever had.My problem is I have to shave in every different angle to get it close without stubbles.Im assuming when I first started I shaved wrong and now my hair grows funky.I shave against the grain first, then with the grain mostly to get the top smooth then I have to shave the sides. Is there an easier way?By the way just a hint because these blades are so expensive I just started buying fusion blades on ebay, Im saving like 70%off the price of grocery stores plus no tax.Also I just started using williams mug soap its incredible Ill never use shaving crean or gel again.Does anyone recommend A good after shave conditioner

Thanks    Mike

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shaving brushes
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »
hello baldini. headblade makes some good stuff.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 03:47:53 AM »
Hey Mike, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!

Most of us go against the grain at some point of our shave depending on what razor we use and what our routine is.  But more important is what works best for you. 

Here's a couple links to posts on what you can use on your head after shaving.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=283.0

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=345.0

Feel free to post up with any questions you have!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:24:29 AM »
Welcome to the site Mike! Sounds like you have some experience under your belt. Look forward to hearing from you.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
I went through, in college, a phase of using a brush.  It was made by Old SPice and had the soap built into the handle.  I liked it ... and cannot remember why I stopped using it ... may have been the cost of the refills.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Welcome to the group, Mike!  Looking forward to reading more of your post.  Used the brush for a bit and as Ty already pointed out the topics.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »
I use Williams too bro!