Author Topic: me again!!!  (Read 2254 times)

Offline anton86

• Sly Guy in Training
me again!!!
« on: May 16, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
hi every1,

Before you guys went sly, when u looked in the mirror at your head shape did it seem to rise upwards towards the back of your head on a sort of slope. cause mine does and im really concerned that it will look really odd if i shaved my head. im not sure if its just the angle that im looking at the mirror though lol.   ??? Also i have a high forehead, would i just not suit the sly look. From all the things that i have read about shaving ur head on the interweb, they all seem to recommend not to if u have a high forehead??

I have really got to shave my head soon as it seems to be thinning really quickly. I have a fringe which looks really sh*t cause its sorts of see-through now cause its thinning. i hate it. If i was to shave ,do you think it wud be best to take a week of work on hols to get used to it (or to go on the run if it looks really bad)?

Thanks for help  O0
Ant

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: me again!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »
You will never really know until you do it.

Look at it this way, if your head doesn't look funny with your thinning hair, it probably wont look funny shaved. Most men that are thinning / balding live by the myth that their "hair" is actually creating some sort of subterfuge masking what is really going on... thats what made the comb over so popular.

I would say shave it and if it is that bad and for some reason your hair was magically camouflaging your gourd shaped head, wear a hat for a couple of weeks, it's hair, it will grow back.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
Hmmmm, who are these people making that suggestion?

I actually think it's the opposite bro...shaving your head clean will make your forehead look smaller....

I speak from experience...I've always had a widows beak and a huge forehead that went with it...now it's all one clean, shining mass....

Shave it bro...listen to what YOU want to do...shave the mother bald!

just do it and don't over think it...you'll beat yourself up when you finally do because you'll say why didn't i do this sooner!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
Exactly what Andre said.....dude you are over thinking it.....just do it and it will feel great and liberating and you will be saying the ever fimiluar phrase..."Why didnt I do this Sooner?"

JWShaw89

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:34:47 PM »
hi anton,
have you tried holding a mirror up to your head and looking at it from all the angles?
that's what i did when i was in your position, and to be totally honest, it looked better than i had hoped after i had shaved it.
Also, think about this, with thin hair on your head, people KNOW that you are losing it, whereas with no hair on display, they can only wonder whether you are forced to shave or you do it by choice.
Everyone thinks I choose to shave, for example.
I still have some left on top, but nothing close to a full head.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:48:04 PM »
I agree with Baldandre about the forehead.  I think shaving makes it look better.  Try it and let us know.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick