Author Topic: Deer Hits  (Read 10699 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Deer Hits
« on: December 28, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »
Some of you guys are really into vehicles.  I've got a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  In the course of one year, I bagged two deer with it (best hunting season I had).  Is there any type guard to mount on the front that will minimize damage when I hit them.  (Deer are running amuck down here). 

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Deer Hits
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »
Have you looked into brush guards?  Make sure it's one that welds to the frame.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 05:13:46 PM »
A lot of deer in your area.  Try a welding shop for a brush guard, like Tyler said.  A lot of that stuff is custom work based on make, model, year, so the shop would know best.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 05:15:32 PM »
Yeah, a brushguard. Ranch Hand makes a really stout one. Don't know if it's available for a Jeep though.

That's truly fast food though...hehehehehe
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »
Yeah, a brushguard. Ranch Hand makes a really stout one. Don't know if it's available for a Jeep though.

Now that is funny there.  I don't care who you are.  ;D  :D  ;D :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:42:12 PM by ar3inc »

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »

;D :P ;D

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 06:22:24 PM »
Believe it or not, one of the local deputies, when I called the first hit in, came out, got the deer, and had it processed .... and probably told his buddies he bagged it!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »
hehehe ha, I can see that.   There just is a smiley to use for that one.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »
wpruitt, I do custom work on jeeps, www.rnrfab.com.  What I can tell you is anything you get for your jeep short of a full bumper will bend back into your body anyways, that and Cherokee's don't have frames, they are a unibody. 

That being said, there are heavy duty bumpers and grill guards available for your jeep.  Just google cherokee bumpers, off road bumpers, etc.  Or hit your local 4X4 shop.  Be prepared to shell out some $$$$.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 08:17:19 PM »
wpruitt, I do custom work on jeeps, www.rnrfab.com.  What I can tell you is anything you get for your jeep short of a full bumper will bend back into your body anyways, that and Cherokee's don't have frames, they are a unibody. 

That being said, there are heavy duty bumpers and grill guards available for your jeep.  Just google cherokee bumpers, off road bumpers, etc.  Or hit your local 4X4 shop.  Be prepared to shell out some $$$$.

Shows you what I know about jeeps...LOL

Thanks for stepping in there Wolf!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
Tyler, you can come help me put mine back together, by the time we're done, you'll know more then you ever wanted.   ;D
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 08:26:37 PM »
Tyler, you can come help me put mine back together, by the time we're done, you'll know more then you ever wanted.   ;D

Thanks, but no thanks!  LOL  I helped my friend put back together his VW Bug and learned way more than I wanted to know.

BaldRob

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 08:26:59 PM »
Many, many wonderful Jeep accesories can be found here...

http://www.quadratec.com/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »

Rob just likes the pics of the ladies.

BaldRob

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »

Rob just likes the pics of the ladies.

Well, they are nice... but I do own a jeep and buy stuff there too!