Author Topic: fast food joints.  (Read 22341 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
fast food joints.
« on: December 28, 2006, 11:10:13 AM »
don't know where this is gonna go but............ this guy i work with gets so anal when his order gets screwed up at sonic, McD's, BK etc. it blows me away. what does he expect. locally it is highschool kids trying to make a few bucks. they know they don't want to do that forever so why should they care. then when you bring stuff back, what do you think, that it does not tick them off. i could be at the best steakhouse you can name and if my food was not right i would just eat it. people make mistakes. but this dude thinks that the world is ending if they put pickles on a 99cent burger. just take them off. he wastes more gas going back than the food costs. well almost.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: fast food joints.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
i could be at the best steakhouse you can name and if my food was not right i would just eat it. people make mistakes. but this dude thinks that the world is ending if they put pickles on a 99cent burger. just take them off. he wastes more gas going back than the food costs. well almost.

I'm right with you on this.  I was aggitated the other day at Ruby Tuesdays when my wife ordered this honkin bison burger with swiss cheese and portabellow mushrooms and special sauce....by the time she finished ordering the thing, the fact that it was on the menu as a Bison Bacon Cheeseburger got lost.  Well my wife sent it back because she discovered amongst all the other gourmet stuff piled on the thing....it was missing the two strips of bacon.

What's funny is she's not usually like that....otherwise I would never go out to eat with her.

My brother- and sister-in-law are LIKE THAT...and it's a pain in the ass to eat out with them.  Not only are they unreasonable in there expectations...but they treat wait staff like they're sub-human.

I heard a great maxim from I think Dr. Phil.....that you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat wait staff at restaurants.  They could come off as the nicest people in the world.....but if they consistantly treat restaurant folks in a condescending-type manner.....they are NOT nice people deep down.

***whew*** thanks, paul, for giving me the opportunity to get that off my chest.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:57:35 AM »
feel better?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:58:20 AM »
Yeah, man....my keyboard has smoke coming out of it  :)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »
Wow Robmeister, get it on...I'm with you on the waitstaff thing. I've worked in the restaurant biz and so has my wife. If they legitamately suck, then they don't get much of a tip. If they're working their ass off for us, that's a different story. But I always treat them well, regardless. They just wanna make some cash to pay the bills, that's all
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »
Wow Robmeister, get it on...I'm with you on the waitstaff thing. I've worked in the restaurant biz and so has my wife. If they legitamately suck, then they don't get much of a tip. If they're working their ass off for us, that's a different story. But I always treat them well, regardless. They just wanna make some cash to pay the bills, that's all

AMEN, brutha!!

I will clarify that my wife was as sweet as can be with the waitress at Ruby Tuesdays....and I gave her a 20% tip [the waitress that is].   Both my wife and I have worked in the restaurant biz as well.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:07:37 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:12:02 PM »
True friggen story.   One time my brother-in-law made it clear to the "help" that he wanted the butter for the dinner rolls cool, but not frozen.....and not room temperature soft....in between room temp and frozen.     >:(   What an idiot.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 12:14:24 PM »
That's ridiculous
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:47:55 PM »
I only eat at one fast food place, it's called In-N-Out Burger. They never screw up my stuff and they are always friendly.

I eat out a TON becuase I travel a lot for work.  My tip always starts at 20% and then works down or up depending on the service.  It's hard to get more than 20%, but there are things that can dramatically reduce it to a lower percentage.  Like not refilling my drink the whole time I'm there or never asking how the meal is.  Though, I never doc a waiter for my food being off.  They are only the messenger.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »
MMMMMMmmmmmmmm In and Out Burger!!!

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »
WE don't have in and out burgers here. But it sounds like a great date!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
I know IN-AND-OUT.....awesome burgers!!!

It's a California establishment!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »
Yeah, once you've had them you get the "In-N-Out Urge"  ;) ;D 8)

It's possibly the best fast food burger.  http://www.in-n-out.com/

Plus, they have a secret menu.  Very Sly!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
A little off topic...but still about fast food.

Did you guys happen to hear about this place on the news? The nurses association is suing becuase it degreades nurses. I think we should have the convention there.

http://heartattackgrill.com/

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 02:12:37 PM »
I bet you don't care if they screw up your order!!!

Wow I brought it back.