Author Topic: Eyebrows  (Read 21424 times)

spaceape48

Eyebrows
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:35:48 PM »
Since shaving my head my eyebrows seem to stand out a bit more than when I had hair. They are quite thick. This guy at the gym, who also shaves his head, told me I should use the trimmer on them at like a two guard. I was wondering if anyone else here has tried anything with their brows? Thanks-

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Eyebrows
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 11:51:18 PM »
I've never trimmed my eyebrows, but I've heard of other guys doing that.  You could also visit your local beauty salon to inquire with them.  Women usually know best when it comes to these things.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:01:31 AM »
I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I have heard the shaving or trimming eyebrows will cause them to grow back bigger and thicker. ???
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 08:34:12 AM »
I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I have heard the shaving or trimming eyebrows will cause them to grow back bigger and thicker. ???

I've been meaning to ask y'all that same question regarding the noggin.  I've heard that about any place you shave.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:36:44 AM »
once you shave it, why would you want to grow it back ?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 08:40:10 AM »
When I used to get my haircut, they used to trim my eyebrows, just to get the ones that were out of control. You know, that one hair that magically gets over an inch long over-night.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »
once you shave it, why would you want to grow it back ?

You mean the noggin? Excellent point....I guess to simply discover if the rumor is true....you know...if it grows back thicker and fuller.

Seems like if it did...that would be a remedy for baldness.....how ironic

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 08:42:29 AM »
...You know, that one hair that magically gets over an inch long over-night.

LOL.....I know EXACTLY what you mean.  :D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »
The wife talked me into letting her trim my eyebrows once. Never again though. She thought it would help my "image" for a talent contest I was in. I didn't win it, so haven't done it since then.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
I think it's a myth that your hair will grow back thicker.  Heck, my hair has gotten thinner since I started shaving, though, I don't think it has anything to do with my shaving.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »
Spaceape,

Get a beard trimmer and trim those puppies!  It will actually make you look more sly!  I reccomend using setting 2. You don't want to give your eyebrows a crewcut because that will look stupid.

But I have the same problem as you and I say give them a buZZZZZZZ!

Dr. Noner

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
Spaceape,

Get a beard trimmer and trim those puppies!  It will actually make you look more sly!  I reccomend using setting 2. You don't want to give your eyebrows a crewcut because that will look stupid.

Dr. Noner

I concur with Doctor Noner.  Mine all get out of control (Unlike Johnny who only has one or two doing that).  I use my clippers, a two guard, and a comb or stop by and let my old barber shape them up.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »
Spaceape,

Dr. Noner

Noner you forgot to put the Dear before Spaceape.  That is the way it's on the Dear Abbie responses. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

spaceape48

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 05:41:37 PM »
Thanks for all the replies gents. I guess I'll have to invest in some clippers and give it a go. Tomorrow will be a week since my shave, and while I wasn't really sure about it after I shaved, I'm starting to get that urge to do it again. I don't think it looked the best on me, but even before shaving I wasn't getting the ladies- so what exactly do I need to worry about,lol. I might opt for comfort and sly over looks.

And what's with people at the gym looking at me wierd,lol. I guess I really do look more intimidating without hair,lol.  8)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »
And what's with people at the gym looking at me wierd,lol. I guess I really do look more intimidating without hair,lol.  8)

It's great ain't it!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: