Author Topic: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving...  (Read 215636 times)

Offline Jazz

• Learning the way of Sly
there will be young guys out there like myself. i was so down on myself about my thinning hair. but i have only recently shaved it off and im so disappointed in myself that i didnt do it earlier.

do it now if you are worried!!

Offline mysticrivers

• MysticRivers
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Born bald, Die bald...
Shave it for yourself, and don't worry what anyone else thinks about it.  I was so self-conscious when I first shaved, always concerned that other people would see me as a racist, or a thug.  In fact, a lady friend did indeed say I looked like a thug.  Also, because I am a rather short guy, a mere 5'7", I was concerned that a shaved head would make me appear even shorter.  However, I grew used to the look, and one fine day I realized I simply didn't care what anyone else thought about my shaved head anymore.  Along with that realization came increased self confidence, which is the real attractive factor anyhow.  My advice is go for it, learn to love the look, and never look back.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Here!  Here!
Best advise in the world!  If  you're not happy with yourself, you will never be truly happy!
Be true unto youself! 8)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Couldn't have said it any better mysticrivers!   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
NEVER....EVER....NEVER....shave when in a bad or frustrated mood!!  @c3 

If you do, it's "Nick City" for sure.  :px

Shaving should be a very ENJOYABLE experience. Take your time, and do it right, use the right products, and you'll be AMAZED at the end results!!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
NEVER....EVER....NEVER....shave when in a bad or frustrated mood!!  @c3 

If you do, it's "Nick City" for sure.  :px

Shaving should be a very ENJOYABLE experience. Take your time, and do it right, use the right products, and you'll be AMAZED at the end results!!

- Cap'n Noodles -

I would not be able to say it better myself

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Stop thinking.....Start shaving
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
The worst that can happen is that you have to grow it back, if you don't like it. But, I bet you won't want to.

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
Hi KJ here,

Try joaning the army and they'll take care of you.  By the way how you post pictures here.

Kelsey

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
                                        http://headshave.baldlygo.com/

Great website find, Rob.

I personally think fence sitters should just "go for the gusto" learn the basics, grab a razor, grab some gel, and be done with it!!

But I would imagine no matter how much we may encourage those individuals that come to the SBG forum looking to get their questions answered, there is a good percentage that will remain in the "THINKING about going sly stage", and contionously will make excuses and procrastinate about taking the final plunge, mostly out of fear of reaction from family, friends, and co-workers.

If they are not ready to commit to "The 30-Day Rule", then the website that Rob came across (http://headshave.baldlygo.com/) may be an ideal next step in the process for fence sitters. True they would have to fork over a few bucks to get their "Sly Reality Pic", but if they're not easily convinced to go with the 30-Day Rule, (nor Photoshop savvy) this may be the next best thing for them to see how they would look totally sly.

To paraphrase an ol' wise saying..."You can lead a horse to water...."

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:27:29 AM by Noodles »

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
As a newly Sly Guy, a bit over a week;
Just get over yourself and DO IT[/glow][/b]

As with most things in life that involve change we torture ourselves over what we know we should/want/need to do.

We create barriers of social acceptance in our minds and they are only in our minds.  In my bit over a week the responses I have run into (and this was a massive change for my "look") have ranged from "Wow, that looks great" to "Where's your hat?" to "Something's different, what is it?"  It's 2011, people just aren't all that concerned over how you look any more.

Your friends and family want you to be content, confident and happy - you're a better person to be with when you are.  I mean, we're talking about hair here - which in many of our cases has thinned significantly and looks like roadkill.  This is not a tattoo, a change that is pretty much with you for life. This is hair - it grows visibily  every day.

Try it, most likely you'll love the change.  And in case you don't, keep a hat handy.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.

Well said Paul.

JUst give it a try and give it 30 days. If you decide that you don't like it, what you have now will grow back.   Go for it.

Joe G.

;)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
Buzz it down & shave it smooth, bud. You will not regret it. If you are thinking about it, you should just do it.
Go for it.
BaldBill

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.

I would say to just go for it and shave it. If You don't like it after trying it for 30 days. let it grow back.

Joe G.

Offline Cochise

• Sly Jr.
just do it  O0
Cisco Kid was a friend of mine