Author Topic: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving...  (Read 215866 times)

Offline billy74

• Learning the way of Sly
do it!

shaved

It would be ,if they feel confident enough ,shave it  and they will find it easier than worring about going bald, I was not going bald at all but shaved my head and never had a regret.

Offline surfboardnyc

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shavin
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »
hey guys. you are great  i have beens struggling for so long.  i finally did it.

marty22

great. welkxcome. send a pic when ready!

Offline surfboardnyc

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shavin
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
I took a very slow approach before I went down to the skin ... number 2, then 1, then 0, then shaving the sides and back and keeping 0 on top, etc but I gotta tell you I should have skipped those steps.  It just feels/looks so much better to be smooth and I can't even tell you what it does to your self confidence.

CCS

I took a very slow approach before I went down to the skin ... number 2, then 1, then 0, then shaving the sides and back and keeping 0 on top, etc but I gotta tell you I should have skipped those steps.  It just feels/looks so much better to be smooth and I can't even tell you what it does to your self confidence.

I don't know what you looked like before, but I can say that it came out great and it suits you very well.

Offline Rich_1982_uk

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
I struggled making the decision for ages and recently I started by working my way down through the clipper guards.  I think it was the best move that I made, I look at old pictures or me and see how much I was over compensating with what I had left and I think it looks good now (I used to look like a mop).  Some people will always disagree but who cares the only person that has to accept and like it is you! 

The guys don't really say anything maybe be odd dig, but I give as good as I get so I'm not bothered.  I was more shocked by the response I have had from the girls, they're really curious by it never had soo much attention. :*))

Just do it I have no idea what I was worried about!  You won't regret it, and if you do just leave it for a few weeks and what's left will grow back!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »
I struggled making the decision for ages and recently I started by working my way down through the clipper guards.  I think it was the best move that I made, I look at old pictures or me and see how much I was over compensating with what I had left and I think it looks good now (I used to look like a mop).  Some people will always disagree but who cares the only person that has to accept and like it is you! 

The guys don't really say anything maybe be odd dig, but I give as good as I get so I'm not bothered.  I was more shocked by the response I have had from the girls, they're really curious by it never had soo much attention. :*))

Just do it I have no idea what I was worried about!  You won't regret it, and if you do just leave it for a few weeks and what's left will grow back!

Great post Rich!  Post up a intro so we can get to know you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Nice post Rich! Post up a photo for us and please join right on in on any and all topics!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Do it and see how you like being BALD  - - - -you can always grow it back    I loved being BALD the first day   and could not get out soon enough to show my BALD DOME off  - - -MPB at first and within a day it was shaved

Offline Undercover

• (Insert clever, thought provoking title here)
  • Sly Jr.
  • This used to look like a floating head...
    • How I buy stuff like headblades...

DO IT.

Whats the worst that can happen, it grows back? ???

Mother nature only created so many perfect heads, the rest she covered in hair...

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility

DO IT.

Only if you are foolish enough to let it.   :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility

DO IT.

They have it right, if you have a fresh blade, some good shave creme--there's really no excuse--just do it.

Offline Undercover

• (Insert clever, thought provoking title here)
  • Sly Jr.
  • This used to look like a floating head...
    • How I buy stuff like headblades...

DO IT.

I've been shaving daily since some advice about razor burn & looking into the mirror I can see its almost ALL GONE. I will not go a day without shaving, despite the inevitable toque/cap/knit hat "rideup."

But that DID give me an interesting idea, winter caps for bald guys that have the same kind of rubberized strip on them like that stuff they use on the cuffs of bike shorts to hold them in place...

Hmmm... I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to ask all of you to either forget you read this post or sign a non-disclosure agreement while I develop this idea  :-X

Unless of course someone already beat me to it. And they probably already have ;)

Mother nature only created so many perfect heads, the rest she covered in hair...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility

Unless of course someone already beat me to it. And they probably already have ;)

I seem to recall it's been discussed.  If you get the fleece beanie (toque) they have sort of a band that, if you pull it down enough, holds pretty good.  But frankly, it's kind of funny when it pops off, and shows off the dome. ;D