Author Topic: 1st bad comment today...  (Read 6571 times)

Offline leathermonkey7

• Sly Guy in Training
1st bad comment today...
« on: April 24, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »
So far, everyone has been super positive. Then these 2 girls today sat shocked as I walked by. One of them said: "What the hell did you do to your head? It looks awful!" The other said: "Yeah, we should just name you "Chemo"  My heart sort of sank a bit, and out of the blue, a much more attractive female friend of mine walked up and said to them: "Yeah, didnt you know? He has cancer, and is going to die" The other two girls turned white. They kept saying sorry, sorry... blah blah blah.  Then me and the pretty one startted cracking up with laughter... "The jokes on you bitches!" They were the ones that ended up being embarrased. Cancer is nothing to joke about, but when she said it, I went along and it was funny.

jusbnme

Re: 1st bad comment today...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
Don't worry about "those" kind of people bro.  You are going to get it every now and then.  I got it when I first started shaving slick 3 years ago.  I had a few people at work ask me if I had cancer.  I just said to them, "What if I really did?  Maybe you shouldn't joke about it."  They would feel horrible after that and so I got my satisfaction in the end.   ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
That's cool that the more attractive chick stood up for you.  I think the other girls were just intimidated by your new look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
I used the "chemo" line on somebody a few years ago. It was nice to see what I look like when I say something STOOPID! :-[
It was even nicer to see it on somebody else.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »
So far, everyone has been super positive. Then these 2 girls today sat shocked as I walked by. One of them said: "What the hell did you do to your head? It looks awful!" The other said: "Yeah, we should just name you "Chemo"  My heart sort of sank a bit, and out of the blue, a much more attractive female friend of mine walked up and said to them: "Yeah, didnt you know? He has cancer, and is going to die" The other two girls turned white. They kept saying sorry, sorry... blah blah blah.  Then me and the pretty one startted cracking up with laughter... "The jokes on you bitches!" They were the ones that ended up being embarrased. Cancer is nothing to joke about, but when she said it, I went along and it was funny.

Glad you got em.

Should have just walked over to them ... leaned in ... *sniff sniff* and said "You smugglin' carp?" and walked away.

Cancer / chemo is a topic that is just not cool to joke about (and I will pretty much will rip on anything). You never know who has had to deal with it.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
Well I dont think Leather was anywhere at fault here....the two immature girls had already broken that when they refered to him as a Chemo patient.   I wouldnt worry to much about mindless lil worthless brats like them.  It was one of those things that was heading towards doom for you but ended up in a good way..

Timmay

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:11:34 PM »
They were obviously intimidated by you, so I certainly wouldn't get upset about it ...

That was a really stupid thing for them to joke about.  I like to push the envelope with sick jokes, but that's just too far over the line.   Someone should have given them a slap in the face ... 

My 45 year old friend just died of cancer 3 weeks ago and went through hell with chemo. There's just nothing remotely funny about someone going through chemo.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »
I agree with you Andrew....until someone actually goes thru cancer or is involved with someone close who has cancer.....they have no clue.

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »
Don't listen to those 2 bitches.Anybody that jokes about cancer like that has to be a mindless nitwit.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 04:14:20 AM »
Just shows how really ignorant those 2 twits are,   they surely deserved one of my favorite retorts...............bite my ass!.   

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 04:49:39 AM »

Should have just walked over to them ... leaned in ... *sniff sniff* and said "You smugglin' carp?" and walked away.

LOL!LOL! MARZ! You ROCK Man! That's hilarious!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:05:56 AM by Robmeister »
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 04:52:11 AM »
I would have probably so "No I'm fine but did you have lipo-suction?" And when they asked why I would have said "Because your asses don't look quite so fat today!"
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »
BIOTCH is the word that comes to mind.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
Unfortunately we will always have to deal with azzholes.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
On the bright side, you got to see where these two bimbos were coming from right away!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith