Author Topic: The great head shape debate!  (Read 219527 times)

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
Re: The great head shape debate!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 01:03:50 PM »
Nick, you have a great head shape.

Thanks bro!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »
Ok, here's mine... not shaved but you get the idea. I'm naturally balding so I'm entitled to be here anyways  ;D.

Fucking horrible headshape IMO, the little hair covers it a bit but it really elevates towards the back A LOT. And that's what I hate about it the most... not to mention that it's very narrow, long and pointy from upfront.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:50:51 PM by yep_yep »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »
Looks all right to me.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
I may sound like a cynical bastard,dont take it the wrong way.

But just shave it and be done with it. The constant niggling over it and wondering what you will look like slick bald is just speculation and leads nowhere. and the only way you will truly know if you like the look or not is to take a razor and SHAVE.

Worst case scenario, you are a bald for a few days. Hair grows back.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 07:14:33 PM »
Ok, here's mine... not shaved but you get the idea. I'm naturally balding so I'm entitled to be here anyways  ;D.

f**king horrible headshape IMO, the little hair covers it a bit but it really elevates towards the back A LOT. And that's what I hate about it the most... not to mention that it's very narrow, long and pointy from upfront.

You don't have a horrible head shape at all!!! I think you have a way to critical filter on that needs to be removed!!!!!

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »
yea bro, you would be suprised that you actually will love it when u do it. I toyed with the idea and hung around here for a month before I did it. Now I wonder what took me so long!?
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
Yep_Yep you have nearly 100 posts. You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to shave your head. Stop coming up with excuses. Do it already.  @c3 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »

f**king horrible headshape IMO, the little hair covers it a bit but it really elevates towards the back A LOT. And that's what I hate about it the most... not to mention that it's very narrow, long and pointy from upfront.

Yep - We are our own worst critic.  Now do it and to hell with what others think!   
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 10:08:14 PM »
Not to sound snooty about it, but I think that I have a great head shape!  Enjoy!

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
pretty dang sharp Marsh!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 12:55:44 AM »
Yep_Yep you have nearly 100 posts. You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to shave your head. Stop coming up with excuses. Do it already.  @c3 

Yeah I know... it's not that much about desperately wanting to do it, it's more that I have to do it sometime 'cause my balding is getting worse and worse. I just have this feeling that ppl are already treating me differently now that I have a close buzz (I used to have long hair) and it won't get any better when I'll to shave it all off! Anyway, I buzz to 3mm now every week or so. How long would it to take for the hair grow back to 3mm? A week perhaps? So in that light it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 06:58:39 PM »

I just have this feeling that ppl are already treating me differently now that I have a close buzz (I used to have long hair) and it won't get any better when I'll to shave it all off!

That's where you're wrong.  It will get a lot better once you shave it all off. 

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 02:33:47 AM »

I just have this feeling that ppl are already treating me differently now that I have a close buzz (I used to have long hair) and it won't get any better when I'll to shave it all off!

I disagree strongly, especially with my headshape and pale skin. There's this young bald dude in the group I play soccer with, and he truly looks like he has cancer! And don't get me wrong, I try to see something good in every bald guy I see. The guy is like Nostradamus with his milk white skin (which I have too btw). That is one of the reasons I'm scared going all the way.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:33:02 AM by yep_yep »

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »

Razor, you are spot on.  Until you shave it all off, the feeling is hard to relate to... a total burden is lifted, and a feeling of total freedom comes over you.  yep_yep, I think you are imagining that people are treating you differently.  I believe you are using that as a crutch to not shave.  If you do have friends that would disown you if you decide to change your appearance, then they are not friends.  You just need to go for it, and the h#ll with anyone else.  It's your life; it's time to start living.  I get the feeling that you are wasting too much time with a cloud hanging over your head.  Let the sun shine in and on your slick, shiney head.

By the way, your head shape is perfect - I would trade you in a nanosecond.  I also don't see the balding at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:58:32 AM by Stu »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2008, 03:59:05 AM »
yepyep... I must say you look GREAT from the side. You dont have an odd head shape, IMHO. I think you are lucky that your hair is just thinning and not getting *highs*, like myself. I mean if you would shave it very short, I dont think anyone would think of you as bald, more like your style. But again its very hard to change style just like that for someone this young (Im 21).
Im dreaming every night every hour of getting my hair back, I even pray to god. Yes, I know it sounds weird. I know it would be best for myself to just shave my head short, but its fr***in hard when  I was so good looking with my sun blond hair, I really hate that I cant control my hair growth and that I will have to change look, and I have had this problem for two years now. There is more than just my balding but CRY feels that I dont wanna live anymore cuz of my balding.

I wish, I had the same kind of baldness that some of you guys have, just thinning hair, no highs. Short hair is very sexy if u have a strong front hairline. I even think it is the sexiest look a man can have but that being the sexy look. I have never been that sexy looking guy but the very cute one and now I will have to change style totally. JUST HAVE TO HATE IT.

I think I will cut my hair off soon. Like someone said Im just wasting time with this problem, need to go on with my life. I cant live like this anymore, I know it will be a big relief when its done.

K. just wanted to say this. Sorry if I offended someone in anyway or if I wasted your time with this silly reading but for some balding in young age is a very serious matter. Anyhow I have great respect for everyone of you.

I will be back in 1-2weeks with photos on myself, think it can be interesting for some people to see before and after pictures.

I can feel  how my confident is growing  :D

William from Sweden.

I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Enter your email address: