Author Topic: The great head shape debate!  (Read 219522 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: The great head shape debate!
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
Your headshape isfine

Offline ms61

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
Hey Dave this goes for not just you but anyone that is/or has been in our situation. Send me some pics. If you havent shaved the dome yet all you need to do is get your hair wet and take a pic in the sun or just a well lighted room. I will be able to get a good idea of what we have to work with. Do not go back to the HT consultation! They are just money grubbing scumbags. Stay positive it will be fine! 8)

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry for reviving this thread. I just wanted to add to the debate with my headshape
It's not perfect, but I'm no elephant man. I really like how my headshape is made out of straight lines with rounded corners/edges instead of being a perfectly rounded headshape, I'm just not too fond of my forehead/brow bone. I don't know which of the two it is, but either one of them gives me a tiny bit of that 'caveman' look

BTW, I hadn't shaved my head in 3 days (tssk tssk). You can see how far my MBP has progressed. Still a lot of hair on the back of my head, but my temples are significantly receded (there's still hair growing in the front, but it's getting really thin). And nevermind the 'beard', it's only been growing for 2 weeks and I just shaped my neckline yesterday. Not too bad for a first time, if I say so myself  ;)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »
KDusk,

You are worries over. Please keep the sly look.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »
KDusk, my headshape is exactly like yours, never seen anyone with it before around here before. The main difference as far as profile goes is the chin, mine is not as defined as yours is.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry for reviving this thread. I just wanted to add to the debate with my headshape
It's not perfect, but I'm no elephant man. I really like how my headshape is made out of straight lines with rounded corners/edges instead of being a perfectly rounded headshape, I'm just not too fond of my forehead/brow bone. I don't know which of the two it is, but either one of them gives me a tiny bit of that 'caveman' look

BTW, I hadn't shaved my head in 3 days (tssk tssk). You can see how far my MBP has progressed. Still a lot of hair on the back of my head, but my temples are significantly receded (there's still hair growing in the front, but it's getting really thin). And nevermind the 'beard', it's only been growing for 2 weeks and I just shaped my neckline yesterday. Not too bad for a first time, if I say so myself  ;)

Actually I love your head shape!  O0
And the beard looks great too. You should keep the look

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »
I'm just not too fond of my forehead/brow bone. I don't know which of the two it is, but either one of them gives me a tiny bit of that 'caveman' look

I would never have noticed if you hadn't brought it up.

marty22

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
good work!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
Many people have a slight protrusion over the eyes - it doesn't make them look Neanderthal.  Your head shape is just fine.

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
You look great. Keep it up. No shape problem at all.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »
You're going to have a great beard if you give it time--remember sly--twenty minutes, mature beard--not less than three months, unless all you're after is a shadow beard. 

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I know I don't look like a caveman since you can barely see the protrusion from a frontal angle. It's just something I noticed when taking a picture in profile. Most people don't notice, they're too preoccupied with the bald head itself.

@Mike: great to know there's someone else with the same shape! To be honest, I haven't seen anyone else with the same head shape either, but that was already obvious back when I had hair. I have a high and quite flat forehead and when you see me at a different angle without a beard, I seem to be 'suffering' from a T-Rex jawline (which I think is quite cool).

@saintc: To be honest, I don't know yet what I'm going to do with my facial hair. It certainly adds some depth to my face, and it feels very masculine. So far I've had not too much troubles with it, though I shaved the neckline because it runs down my entire neck and it looked sloppy. I'm going to grow it out a couple of weeks just to see what my facial hair is capable of handling (I would like the cheeks to fill in some more), but I don't have the intention of growing a beard that's longer than 1 inch.

Offline Joeblades

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »
Whats up SBGF!!!

Been thinking bout going bald now for a year, been debating if i should. Hair is thinning and its not looking good but ive been scared cuz the shape of my head and my GF doesnt think it will look nice (she tried convincing me to try rogaine and was even willing to pay for it lol) but thanks to seeing all of your comments,pics and willing to share advice I am pulling the trigger and shaving my head this weekend!!! Going on a cruise on monday so it will get some color, just worried about getting bumps and igrown hair cuz im black. Going to have my barber do it but probably gonna have to touch it up while on my cruise...I have purchased the headblade sport with the bald guys gel also purchsed bump patrol cool shave gel with menthol but i seen that menthol is not good is this true? and any other tips would be helpful even tho i know everyones head is different and will have different reaction. Also was wondering what I can use after i shave cuz I have a dry scalp!

seahawk guy

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »
Take great care when you use the Headblade. Lots of guys, me included, found it better to use a Gillette Fusion, or similar to start with. Anyway, enjoy your new look. Post a picture.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
Take great care when you use the Headblade. Lots of guys, me included, found it better to use a Gillette Fusion, or similar to start with. Anyway, enjoy your new look. Post a picture.

fully  endorse your views on that  take geat care with the  HB