Author Topic: ON-LINE DATING...  (Read 4880 times)

BaldRob

Re: ON-LINE DATING...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
Personally I'm against online dating. My cousin met a few guys that way and boy,what loo loos they turned out to be. Also useing common sense,you have to think that if a person resorts to online dating it tells me that they can't find a date no other way,so you have to ask yourself,"What's wrong with them" To me that,s a real big tip off.

I'm going to take exception to this also...  As times have changed, so has dating.  When the online dating thing first started there definitely was a stigma attached to it.

However, now online dating is a way for busy professionals (and other busy people) to meet people without resorting to bars or other venues.  Personally, I like to go out, and I meet a lot of women, but rarely do I meet someone that I would date while I'm out.

If you are careful when you meet someone online, you can find out a lot of stuff before you decide to meet face to face.  It's the people that push things and want to meet right away without emailing and talking on the phone for awhile first that run into "looloos".  Not saying that your cousin did that, but I can usually figure out if someone is not what they say they are with in a couple emails and a phone call.

I do use two different services... match.com and E-harmony.  Both have their pluses and minuses, but they are a great way to meet people you might not otherwise meet.