Author Topic: ON-LINE DATING...  (Read 4863 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
ON-LINE DATING...
« on: April 08, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  as most of U know... i'm happily married since '99.  b4 i met my wifey, i met my dates thru friends, co-workers, college, clubs, grocery stores, and everywhere else except the internet.  i have a few female co-workers who date on-line and have met a lot of "dates".  i asked them "why meet people on the internet?" and they always say because:  i want 2 increase my chances, i don't like clubs, i'm too shy, and other reasons.

so... i'm just curious.  what are your thoughts of internet dating?  have U ever tried it?  or thinking 'bout trying it?  or do U meet potential dates the old-fashion way (in person).  i have a few co-workers who R very happily married and have met their spouses on the internet.  so... it does work 4 some.  anyways... this should B an interesting topic.  so.. what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: ON-LINE DATING...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
...and one more thing 2 the married members:  if U weren't married... would U consider trying "on-line dating"?

WARHARK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
The Lovely Mrs. Schro and a friend of hers flipped a coin.....she lost.
Lucky for me.

I would consider on-line dating.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:13:05 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
I'd consider online dating. I have a couple buddies that have had some success online.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 05:23:31 PM »
Tons of experience with the on-line dating seen, that is how I met my wife...I would recommend it completely in this day and age .... O0 O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
I do it all the time.  I set up these dates and dont show up!  LOL  no I dont do that, Im happily married so if the wife seen me on online dating sites she would think something was up.  Would I use it if I were single??  I dunno, you have to remember this is TIMMAY you are asking so its hard to tell what I would end up doing..lol

Timmay!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »
Sure I'd try it.  Don't plan on it anytime soon, as I am also happily married.  But I do remember how much I hated the whole dating scene.  So anything to make it easier.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
Oh hell what am I thinkign....hell I found Rick on a dating site...............lol

Timmayy!

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
My wife and I talked about this once.  I would definitely consider online dating.  Mainly because it cuts out all the games you go through trying to get to the heart of the situation.  I've never liked bars and definitely not clubs.  If my wife left me or, God forbid, something happened to her I would rather never see another woman than have to go out looking for one at a club or bar.  But as I've told the wife, if anything ever did "happen" I think I'd be totally cool living the rest of my life out on my own.  Just my opinion. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »
Oh hell what am I thinkign....hell I found Rick on a dating site...............lol

Timmayy!

Timmayyy.....That was supposed to be our little secret. >:D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »
What did I do NOW!

lol
Timmay

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
I'm single and have dabbled in it a bit not much success but I haven't put much into it. I have met some ladies form it and had some good times but no life changing experiances yet.

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
Personally I'm against online dating. My cousin met a few guys that way and boy,what loo loos they turned out to be. Also useing common sense,you have to think that if a person resorts to online dating it tells me that they can't find a date no other way,so you have to ask yourself,"What's wrong with them" To me that,s a real big tip off.

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 06:33:17 AM »
Personally I'm against online dating. My cousin met a few guys that way and boy,what loo loos they turned out to be. Also useing common sense,you have to think that if a person resorts to online dating it tells me that they can't find a date no other way,so you have to ask yourself,"What's wrong with them" To me that,s a real big tip off.

As I stated earlier, that is how I met my wife...There are on-line sites for professionals that do not have time for the dating scene...I  think it is a lot more classier than picking up some drunk chick in a bar...

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »
I'd consider it.............. but for me personally, when I was dating, the chase was a big part of the fun............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields