Author Topic: The Unthinkable  (Read 10728 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: The Unthinkable
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »
My face is more of a pain to shave than my head. I can whip a head shave out in about 1/2 the time it takes for my face.

Just do what you like man... there are no rules.

Same with me.  The face is a much bigger pain in the butt. 

But whatever you do, Lance, you're always one of us.  But I bet you won't stay hairy for long.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
Everyone is making a road trip to Lance's house.  We are coming for ya bro.  Nahhh...hey Sly is about attitude. Alot of us, including myself sometimes forget that and we refer shaving our noggins to being sly.  Heck I see alot of guys who are shaved bald and they are no where near becoming Sly.  You on the other hand Lance....like the others have said...Dont you dare think about walking away from this forum.  That will only get you about a month of Solitary confinement in one of our "Sly" cells.  I have at the most went 1 day without shaving.  Any longer than that i cant stand it.  I hear a lot of you guys talking about how it takes you so long to shower and shave....why?  I know we are all different and I have to keep reminding myself that not everyone can do it as easily.  I get in the shower...I stand wiht my back to the water spray...as the water is preping my head...im washing off.  By the time Im done showering..I lather up the noggin, get out the headblade and off it comes.   I can have my whole noggin shaved in less than 4 minutes.  After I do the cold water rinse on the noggin, I step out..grab my icecube that I brought with me to the shower...give the "rub", towel dry off.  Finish shaving my face at the sink...a total of 3 minutes maybe?....get dressed...put the ol underarm deodorant on ....down the fridge on my way out the door.....snatch a lil dab of aloe vera and rub it in on the way out.  Anything left on my hands I rub on the face ..Then Im good to go.  I hear of people doing the apricot scrub, then they have to put the preshave on, then they put two different types of shaving stuff together...rub it in..let it set....shave....rinse...relather...shave again to get any missed spots....toweldry off....moisturizers, and after shave lotions...sunscreen...the list could go on and on.  Most will say they have to use all of that.  Well maybe they do , and we all have different skin types, but maybe if you start to ween yourselfs of all those other steps and just shoot towards the basics...your scalp will "toughen" up and you wont need those other things.  Maybe Im just one of the lucky few in here that can get by with that, and thank God I can, because if I had to do all that other stuff, I dont think I would be doing it either.  Is there anyone else who can get by with the basics??
Good Luck Lance, no matter what...Hair or no Hair...your still a cool guy.  Just keep us posted...Timmmayy!

jusbnme

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 01:30:03 PM »
Damn dudes.  Nice to know so many people care.  I was just talking out my a$$ though.  I wouldn't think of leaving here unless Mr. T booted me.  I was just trying to come up with a good topic since our buddy Warhawk was out.  He comes up with some good ones.  I guess I'm no match.  Sorry if I brought the mood down.  Not what I had intended.  The messed up thing is I don't really intend to stop shaving unless it's for a little over 3 days or so.  Maybe a week like I had mentioned.  I was just throwing the question out there to see what people would think of other people if they stopped shaving around here.  WHOOPS!!!

And just a personal note to BA.  Sorry dude if I sounded like a jerk.  It was late and I was tired.  I take things the wrong way sometimes just like anyone.  So don't take it personally and hold it against me bro. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »

And just a personal note to BA.  Sorry dude if I sounded like a jerk.  It was late and I was tired.  I take things the wrong way sometimes just like anyone.  So don't take it personally and hold it against me bro. 

No worries bro and no ill was ever intended ....

that's why we have the little smiley dudes right? :) ;) O0...to add to the statements and to sometimes clarify what was meant...

Rock on Lance...but remember BALD is ALWAYS better! ;)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
I live by the motto...Keep It Simple Stupid.

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 04:59:27 PM »
I guess I am the strange one here, but I really enjoy the process of shaving as much as the slick result.  I look forward to shaving every morning, and sometimes I do it again in the evening to keep it really slick.

jusbnme

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
I love the feeling but I just meant that sometimes it can be a chore.  I really do love the shaved sly look though guys.   :D :D :D :D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »
I've had spells where I haven't wanted to shave and would only do it every two or three days.  But I haven't felt that way for a long time.  Like Cam said, when you have blond hair, it really looks dirty after a day or two.  I think it's normal to want to take a break from shaving now and then.  My lapses never lasted very long.  I don't think I've had any since joining this site.  I know I'd have to answer to BaldAndre if he ever found out there was stubble on my dome.   :D

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »
Man sometimes I felt like that for sure! Shaving felt like such a chore! I am using Braun now and it doesnt feel like a chore anymore. Showers are easier!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »
Man sometimes I felt like that for sure! Shaving felt like such a chore! I am using Braun now and it doesnt feel like a chore anymore. Showers are easier!

Nick did you get the electric like your friend used?  How much was it?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »

Nick did you get the electric like your friend used?  How much was it?

Rick I first shaved with my buddy's $200+ Pulsonic. I loved it! I did alot of research on the razors based on reviews on Amazon, and I found that the Pulsonic is just hype. So I bought the one below its the 360 Complete. I paid about $170 at the BX on base http://www.braun.com/na/360complete/360complete.html
http://www.amazon.com/Braun-8995-360-Complete-Shaver/dp/B000G1EQ1W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207015873&sr=8-1

It is so smooth and great!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »
We have a local appliance dealer that sells the whole line of Braun razors.  I was in his shop the other day after I read your post and look at one just like that.  They actually sold it for about $130.  The only bad part is that replacement blades like $50 or $60 bucks and you need to change blades 1-2 times a year. 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
We have a local appliance dealer that sells the whole line of Braun razors.  I was in his shop the other day after I read your post and look at one just like that.  They actually sold it for about $130.  The only bad part is that replacement blades like $50 or $60 bucks and you need to change blades 1-2 times a year. 
and people complain about the cost of fusion blades.  :/O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

Dude that is a great deal for a 360 if it comes with the cleaning unit!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
Lance, I hear ya dude.  It can seem to be a chore at times.  I'm a daily shaver, but once in a while I'll skip a day.  The most has been 3 days and very rare.  But there are days where I wish I could just go with the very very short buzz.  Then there would be basically no prep time in the mornings.  With getting kids out the door every day, that would be welcome time.  But with my MPB, doing the buzz would just make me look old (and stupid).  But I can relate, so no worries; please stick around.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/