Author Topic: In despair  (Read 13157 times)

Offline speedracer

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: In despair
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 12:21:09 AM »
Hey man, I know exactly where you are. I'm there too. I can't really give you advice because I feel like it's hopeless as well. But... I'd say the previous posts give you what you need to know to do the best you can though. I'm not trying to get you down or anything, but you aren't the only one to feel this way, and I guess personally, I find that realization somewhat comforting. Maybe you will to...

I've shaved now. I feel horrible too (depressed and suicidal), but it was worse before I guess. On a personal level, it's better in my thoughts, but it's caused me unique problems. My family thinks bald men are Nazis, I still have to wear hats even though they don't fit my head right and look awkward, I shack up inside except for work letting the world pass me by, and have little in the way of fun, ever. But, I look in the mirror, and feel better than I did balding. I'd definately feel better about balding if I wasn't so eccentric and stuff, but my difficulty fitting in, is what compounds my lack of self esteem because of balding by garnering insults and ridicule. Hell, that's why I don't even post here, I've got little positive to say. Too depressed to even go to the support place. Balding itself though, really isn't bad I don't think, and shaving can look really good. I know that wasn't too cheery, but hopefully your situation is better than mine, and you can see the glass as half full as others here have done. Friends, family, and the Sly ones I'm sure will try to help you as best they can.

Apparently, the other members on here lead happy, productive lives, no doubt you will to. Good luck. And shave er off. It's better. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:36:54 AM by speedracer »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
First of all,  welcomes to Speedracer and RockandStroll!

A lot of good advice has been given guys.... try to take heed of it. Confidence is the key and as someone else mentioned, yoou don't need those shallow girls that judge on hair alone.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
speedracer (and  rocknstroll) read this thread. Maybe it will help.
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=4972.0

speedracer, You look like one badass dude. I can't figure out what you're talking about. Show some confidence, bald brutha. Take those hats off and hold your SLY head high.

Rodger, Over and Out  O0

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »
speedracer dude, chin up man.   ;)  C'mon bro it's not bad at all being bald.  I be be mistaken but it sounds like you may have some other personal issues going on other than just worrying about the balding.  If so post up and you will get plenty of support here brother.  It's not just about head shaving dude.  This is a positive community of people willing to lend an ear and help. 

Offline speedracer

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 12:05:08 PM »
This thread really isn't about me, but thanks for the responses guys. I got some issues in my life, and balding and trouble out on the dating scene isn't helping much. I'll be okay though.

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
This thread really isn't about me, but thanks for the responses guys. I got some issues in my life, and balding and trouble out on the dating scene isn't helping much. I'll be okay though.
The thread is about rocknstroll, but you posted a very valid contribution. We can't ignore it. Like Lance said, "this is a very positive community and everyone here is willing to lend an ear to your woes and offer sage advice. We're all in this together. "Hairless" or not. 

Rafter
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:27:11 PM by Rafter »

jusbnme

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »
The thread is about rocknstroll, but you posted a very valid contribution. We can't ignore it. Like Lance said, "this is a very positive community and everyone here is willing to lend an ear to your woes and offer sage advice. We're all in this together. "Hairless" or not. 

Rafter

Well said brother.  O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »
If the bald thing gets you down...

shave you head,look better and forget about the hair problems...

then just shoot the sh!t about "other" things on THIS board...there is plenty to gab about....

good group of people here to just hang out with...

regardless if we dig being bald (like me)...or just deal with it positively and shave it smooth like some others..

in the end BBC or not we're all bald here and a pretty cool group if I do say so...

So post bruthas...it helps take away the blues!

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »
If the bald thing gets you down...

shave you head,look better and forget about the hair problems...

then just shoot the sh!t about "other" things on THIS board...there is plenty to gab about....

good group of people here to just hang out with...

regardless if we dig being bald (like me)...or just deal with it positively and shave it smooth like some others..

in the end BBC or not we're all bald here and a pretty cool group if I do say so...

So post bruthas...it helps take away the blues!

So true, BALDANDRE.

Once you get off the fence (or while you're waffling whether to take the plunge or not) this is a great place to take in a lot of advice. And not just about going bald. And if you need advice, encouragement or reassurance that you aren't the only person stressin' out,  this place is like a 24/7 counseling session. No co-pays or appointments necessary.

Make yourself comfortable. Put those burdens down and hang out a while.

Offline riverdude

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »
Hey bro. I know what you're going through. I'm 22 years old and for a few months went into light depressions and anxiety. I messed up my past semester at college because all I could think about was going bald and lost a lot of weight because of it. I became anti-social, ditched my modeling agency (no comments please  :-X) , and was on the edge of dumping the most amazing girl whom I met a few months ago because I felt as though she deserved better. Finally one day I said enough is enough and shaved my head to a zero, got back into the gym, got a job and making the transition into the new me. Sure for some it’s no big deal, to others it’s almost dramatic. I have felt every emotion and mental image you are currently shackled to. I think a lot of it has to do with attracting the opposite sex. My girlfriend and I are extremely open with each other and one day I decided to address the issue. She was completely distraught because she said that was the last thing she thought I would be insecure about. Even made a point to say that she had no idea that guys were so insecure about it. I work at a restaurant as a server so im obviously meeting briefly with many different types of people. In the great melting pot of Florida. I have had both young and old ladies hit on me. So no worries there man. I personally go for shorter 5'2, dark hair, unique looking girls. That doesn’t mean im not at all attracted to blondes, but off the bat just prefer brunettes. So from a girl’s perspective, some may like tall, short, round, long hair, no hair, etc. And most importantly like all the great guys on this site have said, personality. Not going to lie, still doing a lot of soul searching right now but im coming to the realization I am my own worst enemy with this. When you don’t accept yourself, how can you possibly accept another individual accepting you? You can’t. So Don’t ignore the balding issue because then it will always come back, instead Bright it to light, decide the type of man you want to be, and let it go. Move on with your life which is what I am currently doing. Im thinking of it as a process. Going to do the full sly move soon enough. Hope this helped. Oh yeah, new on this website but looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Well said Riverdude!  Welcome to SBG!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:28 AM »
Nice intro Riverdude.
Welome....post some pics when you get a chance.

Cheers!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 08:14:57 AM »
welcome riverdude. great post.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
Welcome to the group riverdude.

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
When you don’t accept yourself, how can you possibly accept another individual accepting you? You can’t. So Don’t ignore the balding issue because then it will always come back, instead Bright it to light, decide the type of man you want to be, and let it go. Move on with your life which is what I am currently doing. Im thinking of it as a process. Going to do the full sly move soon enough. Hope this helped. Oh yeah, new on this website but looking forward to getting to know everyone.
WOW, well said riverside.

Unfortunately the guys that started this topic, rocknstroll and speedracer have been away from this place. I hope they come back to read your insightful and very wise post.

And like the Bruce Willis look-alike just said, welcome to the group riverdude!

Don't be a stranger. We're a very outspoken group, so don't hesitate to speak your mind on any of the diverse topics of conversation here at the forum.