Author Topic: People Staring  (Read 18497 times)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Re: People Staring
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:23 AM »
I've only noticed a couple of people glancing at me.  No actual stares.

Actually, I've noticed people in general seem more intimidated with me, particularly at work.  The clerk at the gas station wouldn't even look me in the eye.

jusbnme

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »
Yeah, I've had the occasional stare.  I've gotten use to it now and really don't even notice it that much anymore.  But every now and them I will take notice especially if someone is really giving me the glare and I'll find myself wondering what might be going through their mind at the time.   ???

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 10:35:37 AM »
I just politely let him know that I'm sorry he feels that way without knowing me, but if he did know me he would know that I'm married to a filipino woman, I have a balck brother in-law, and soon to be chinese sister in-law, all whom I love very much.  And, that him being rude had nothing to do with me being racist.

I love the Feel Felt Found approach Tyler!!  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 11:05:13 AM »
I approached a guy last night in the parking lot of my gym to ask hima question about his car.  As I got closer to him, I noticed with every step he got more and more frightened about me approaching him, so I gave a smile and a nod and it seemed to relax his fears a bit until I could get close enough to ask him the question without yelling.  I was thinking, "wow, do I look that mean?"  Once I asked the question you could see a sigh of relief come over him   It was the first time I really experienced that to that degree.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Maybe he thought you were there to take his lunch money Tyler.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »
I've noticed that since I have to wear a tie for work now, that people stare more than usual. Especially when I'm in the pickup aka "Mater" I'll have to see if I can get a pic and post it on here. Sure it's beat up, has a rusty tool box on it, Krylon special edition wheels and a CB antenna that's a danger to low flying aircraft, but why ya gotta stare at the bald Billhilly drivin?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ross

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 05:46:40 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that.

Usually a few old guys I work with.  Used to worry about why's but then I get a lotta young lasses wanting to touch it so it more than balances out!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »
Yeah, me too!  With so many hot women trying to get to the front of the line I don't have time to notice others who are staring!   :*))   :*))   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 12:36:12 PM »
have any of you caught people staring at ur bald head, it happens to me a lot, i think that they are trying to figure out if im naturally bald or shaved, the truth is a bit of both, and does it make u guys feel self conscious?

Self conscious? Hardly. I don't count a day as a success unless at least one woman stares at me.