Author Topic: the oldest excuse in the book  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Andreas

• Learning the way of Sly
the oldest excuse in the book
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have a receeding hairline and i have a minimum amount of thinning at the top of my head. In fact hairdressers STILL claim i will never lose my hair. (haha, good one :/O )
Anyway, i'm 18 and my dear father is bald and my grandma had thin hair so i have it in my genes.

However, my concern is about my headshape (as for most people i guess?). My hairline has always been very low so i've never thought of the fact that i might have a big head. But looking at pictures with buzzcuts makes me wonder. I've even made measurements of my head and my fathers, who really suits being bald/buzzcut, and my head is bigger than his. And i also feel a few bumps/lumps whichever word is the correct one.

Righty my question -> Have anyone of you ever being worried that your head/dome is "too big" in comparison to your face and that you would "lose" your old face structure since it is stretched out over the whole head and then been positively surprised once you shaved?

Hope you manage to understand my wierd formulation. Otherwise i blame the fact that i'm Swedish! ;D

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: the oldest excuse in the book
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 08:58:02 PM »
First of all, Welcome Andreas.  Glad you chimed in and joined us.  Hope you'll hang around.

Second of all......Just Shave it.  You'll never know until you try and it will grow back,  But I doubt you'll want to.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »
andreas...welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  jump in & join the fun by being an active member of the best site on the internet.  as far as your headshape...i wouldn't worry 'bout it because there is no "perfectly" shaped head.  since...U  R  losing your hair, why don't U beat mother nature & embrace being bald.  bald is better than balding.  just ask me & the rest of the sly members of this forum.  once U use a quality razor and "do the deed", you'll never go back.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 01:13:44 AM »
Andreas, welcome to Sly Bald Guys! 

I think you'll be shocked (in a good way) at how good you'll look with a shaved head.  People often think they have too big of a forehead to shave their head, but the reality is, without hair you don't have a forehead.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:23:21 AM »
Welcome Andreas! As the others have said... try it out!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 05:47:39 AM »
welcome, go for it. it is only hair. we all have unique shaped heads. that is what makes it look good.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Andreas

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 06:41:05 AM »
haha, honestly it is hard to argue this matter since your all so united on this point. I thought i would have loads of more counter arguments but i really don't.

Guess all i have to wait for a school breake?  ^-^

and oh, thanks for the great welcome. Was like running into a wall of friendlyness

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »
Andreas,, Welcome to the SBG family, we're glad you could join us.

As for shaving your head, I agree with the others. I too think that you should just give it a try, and as others have said in the past, we are always more critical of ouselves, usually the general public won't even notice, however once you do make the decision to shave it off, I suspect like so many others, that you will become more confident about yourself, by not having that constant thought in the back of you mind "I wonder if anyone notices my thinning hair?"

Just go for it, you'll love it,, trust me.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24:27 AM »
Welcome, I believe that no two heads are the same(like fingerprints)...You will find very few who cannot pull off the SLY look...Go for it.. O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
Welcome Andreas, the others have given you great advice, but why wait?   Go for it!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Andreas

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 02:41:16 PM »
Welcome Andreas, the others have given you great advice, but why wait?   Go for it!

Going on a wedding soon, and i'd get no moreb enefits such as free food at home if i shave it before that  :-\

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

Going on a wedding soon, and i'd get no moreb enefits such as free food at home if i shave it before that  :-\

Yeah, but if you shave you'll have the ladies all over you.  One of them could make you a sandwich...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »
Welcome bro.  I say go for it and give a shot.  Nobody has a "perfectly shaped head" as many other slys have stated.  Yeah sure, some people have a more rounded head than others but so what.  If you feel it is something you want to try then go for it.   O0

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
the reality is, without hair you don't have a forehead.

Very profound, indeed! 
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline hawkerhino

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »
i have to agree with everyone else, just go ahead and shave it.

Worried about the free food at home, you can use the money spent worrying about going bald and shampoo to buy the food..  :*))
Always looking SLY while Rhino riding...
06 SE Rhino
Bad A** 00 F-350