Author Topic: "6 SECRET FEARS OF MEN"  (Read 4057 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
"6 SECRET FEARS OF MEN"
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:51:38 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes...i know most of U enjoy reading MEN'S HEALTH magazine as evidence by your responses on the "favorite magazine" thread.  however...i just read in yahoo an article by men's health titled: "6 secret fears of men".  anyway...they had losing hair as one of the six.  i was very angered by that so i posted a comment 2 the article.  i believe my comment is #535. 

so...if U disagree with men's health.  how 'bout giving them your 2 cents.  i also mentioned the SBG forum in my comment.  let me know what U think. 

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/86721/your-man-s-secret-fears/

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: "6 SECRET FEARS OF MEN"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:11:41 PM »
OK, I haven't read the article so perhaps there's more to it than what you reported, but I have a different take on this.  I think hair loss is a big fear for a lot of men -- a totally unfounded one, but a big fear nonetheless.  Most of us don't figure out that hair loss is no big deal until after the hair is long gone.   I must have monitored my scalp on a daily basis between the ages of 20 when I first started noticing some recession and 35 when I finally shaved it all off for good.  It seems silly now, but it was a real cause of concern for me at the time.

Hopefully the article went on to say "Be not afraid" but I'm guessing that it didn't or you wouldn't be so annoyed.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »
As much as I hate too...warhawk...I will have to go with Razor on this one LOL....I think there are alot more men out there that have either..1....a rug   2.  Have used some sort of hair restoration program 3.  doing the comb over's.    I think that there are probably 3-4 times as many guys out there that are really trying to hide their hairloss.  Thats just my opinion. 
Timmmayyy!

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »
I agree with what you said Razor.  I use to constantly check myself over and over when I first noticed myself thinning.  But once the deed was done it was like, "This isn't nothing." 

Yeah, I agree with you Warhawk.  That article didn't do regular slys like ourselves any justice.  It makes it sound like all men usually cry over losing their hair or something along those lines.  WTF is up with that one line..."Pluck a lion's mane and see if he purrs."  How corny. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »
As much as I hate too...warhawk...I will have to go with Razor on this one LOL....

Hey, when I'm right, I'm right!   ;D ;D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
RAZOR...i went back 2 that article and i totally over-reacted.  they did not mention anything about drugs, rugs, or plugs.  i just shot my gun without asking questions. :/O  my bad, fellas.

WARHAWK O0

jusbnme

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »
RAZOR...i went back 2 that article and i totally over-reacted.  they did not mention anything about drugs, rugs, or plugs.  i just shot my gun without asking questions. :/O  my bad, fellas.

WARHAWK O0

It's all good bro.  You were in the right about stating that it does seem to "frown" on baldness.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »

WARHAWK O0

I just read through the hair loss portion of it and then searched through and found your comments.  I really like what you wrote.  It was all positive and gives SBG a good plug (no pun intended)!    ::)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
i just hope they write an article about bald men who enjoy being bald.  they should interview tyler or one of us. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »
thanks razor O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
i just hope they write an article about bald men who enjoy being bald.  they should interview tyler or one of us. O0

WARHAWK O0

A few years ago Men's Health did an interesting article where the editors had to try out different things - like I think one guy got his hair dyed to cover the grey, somebody else may have gotten his chest waxed,  and I think another one had to go and have a facial.  But the one that really sticks out in my mind was the guy who had to shave the top of his head so he looked like he had MPB and see if people treated him any differently.  They did.  After a week or so he shaved the rest of it off and noticed that people treated him a lot better than when he had the fringe. He said right then and there that if his hair ever did start to go he wouldn't hesitate to take it all off.  So they do give some good advice sometimes when it comes to the hair loss issue.   

Wonder if that article is still out there on the web in their archives somewhere.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
you meant well also Warhawk buddy....hey i solved your unscramble puzzle.....chaaaaa chinnnG!!!!1

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
razor... if U find that article.  U definitely have 2 post it.

timmy... i'm glad U solved that unscrambled name.  now...i can get some sleep. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 04:29:27 AM »
OK, I haven't read the article so perhaps there's more to it than what you reported, but I have a different take on this.  I think hair loss is a big fear for a lot of men -- a totally unfounded one, but a big fear nonetheless.  Most of us don't figure out that hair loss is no big deal until after the hair is long gone.   I must have monitored my scalp on a daily basis between the ages of 20 when I first started noticing some recession and 35 when I finally shaved it all off for good.  It seems silly now, but it was a real cause of concern for me at the time.

Hopefully the article went on to say "Be not afraid" but I'm guessing that it didn't or you wouldn't be so annoyed.

Man..... Razor hits it square on the head!!! Great point Razor... O0
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields