Author Topic: new to the game  (Read 9044 times)

Offline Bald Brian

• Learning the way of Sly
new to the game
« on: March 10, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »
Hey bald community

I just shaved my head for leukemia (however you spell)

And it's so weird.

So anyway, I was just wondering is there anything I should be aware of?
Also how should I keep it from getting dry/dandruffy?

Brian

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: new to the game
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 04:28:49 AM »
First off Welcome to the SBG Family Bald Brian, if this is your first time shaving your head, I recomend that you use either Bald Guyz Moisture Gel, or HeadBlades Head Lube (Glossy) or (Matte) which ever look you prefer. Also both of the mentioned companies make a sun block that works realy well.

Question: Did you shave your head to help raise awareness/money for the disease?? If so cudose to you.

Also you should post up in introductions and tell us more about yourself.

Tom.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:36:43 AM »
Welcome Brian! And good for you for shaving your head for a great cause.

I'm curious if you'll keep it SLY for a while to see if you like it???

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:38:15 AM »
brian...1st of all welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  i'm very happy that U "did the deed" over a worthy cause.  read up on the HEADSHAVING section of the forum 2 help ya out on keeping that dome of yours in tip, top shape.  1st use a quality razor (fusion, mach3, headblade).  after shaving your dome (either in the sink or shower) do a cold water rinse,  followed by an ice cube rub on the dome (the cold water & ice cube will close your pores), pat dry your head, apply tn dickenson witch hazel, allow 2 air dry, then apply cold aloe vera gel (keep a bottle in the fridge).  the aloe vera gel will help keep your head from getting dry.  anyways...hope this helps.  definitely do some reading on the HEADSHAVING section of the forum.

hope U stick around & become an active member of the best site on the internet.  post up a pic when U get a chance.
oh...and how do U like your new look?

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »
Congratulations on joining the sly world Brian.  What a great reason to go sly.   Using a good quality razor and an exfoliator can help with any flaking problems as well as something like HeadLube or BaldGuyz moisturing gel.  Check out the various threads in Headshaving and you should be able to find a routine that will work well for you.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
Brian, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!    These guys have given you some great advice on how to get rid of the dandruff.  You may also want to use some HeadShed by HeadBlade or St. Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate a couple times a week.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Bald Brian

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:46:59 AM »
Hey thanks guys,
Yeah I'll try and get a picture up as soon as I can

My hair was worth a grand total of 1.2k! All going to leukemia foundation of course.

But yeah I have been moisturizing etc. but I think I'll look into some of those brands you recommended, thanks.

Also I'm not sure about 'staying sly' haha, my ears are kind of larger than I had realized. Aloe Vera is interesting, never would have thought

Anyway, dinner calls

Thanks

Brian

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
Im sure you look fine Brian...give it the 30 day test....and then decide.  I think everyone in here probably thought their ears were bigger than they realized.  The guys have all gave you good advice but I will add my own.  After I shave I just use pure aloe vera gel.  Not alot...just  a pea size amount....try it, see if it works for ya.
Timmayy!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
Welcome Bald Brian!

Post a pic bro of your bald mug...

I'm sure your ears look fine with the scraped melon!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

Also I'm not sure about 'staying sly' haha,

Brian

Don't be so sure Brian.  I shaved a full head of hair for a charity event and that was 16 months ago :*))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:44:48 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
First off, welcome to the SBG's site, Brian. Glad you decided to join us, and what a great cause to start your slydom with.  O0

I will have to echo my bro's on this, just check out some of our routines in the other sections. Try different things and see what works for you. Most of us find that simpler is easier. As far as flaking, check out our man Schro's posts, he has found relief from his condition from being shaved smooth.
And don't worry about the ears, it is just the shock at first from having a scraped clean melon, there's nothing else to focus on, so they seem to stand out more.

Try the aloe vera as Tim has suggested. I usually rotate weekly with three; Headlube, (matte and glossy) and Bald Guyz moisture gel. Some days I just use the witch hazel.
Experiment to see what works for you.
Good Luck bro! 

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »
Now that was a NOBEL thing to do  O0
Welcome!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
Welcome Brian! Cheers to ya for shaving. I have large ears as well, but I says, "Who cares?"

Certainly not me.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »
Welcome Brian and good for you for helping out a good cause.  O0

rickybobby

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »
that's awesome brian!   wish i could"collect" enuff hair to donate...but i'm a lost cause hair wise

Enter your email address: