Author Topic: Anyone enjoy being hairy bodied?  (Read 33297 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone enjoy being hairy bodied?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »
I just hate it when hair grows in places it shouldnt LOL

agree 100%.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »
I dont love being hairy bodied but I dont hate it either. I have hair all over, my wife loves it, it looks odd when we go to the beach and stuff because I am all hairy with a bald head.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »
Hair sucks

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
I'm pretty much the hairiest man alive... people are amazed at the chest hair that pokes out of my shirt at work... I always get asked why I have so much body hair and yet shave my head?  I tell them mother nature is cruel like that I guess.  Honestly I'd rather not be so hairy but would I shave it all off?  No, because for one it would take me about a month to shave my chest, arms, back, legs, etc. and who has that much time.  Besides, I deal with enough razor burn on my neck and back of my head that I couldn't deal with it anywhere else.  I'd like to get some tatts too but not sure how I feel about paying so much money for something that will be covered right back up in 2 days.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »
I have some insight to all you guys who have hairy bodies.  Being that I work in the funeral home business....I have observed....that as you get older...not only do you start to loose your hair on your head...but you start to loose your hair in other places too.....So maybe growing older...isnt all that bad...right?? LOL

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »
I do not enjoy being hairy backed! I don't mind my chest, but everywhere else it's too much for me.
It's a cruel joke that we lose it on our heads and gain it everywhere else we don't want it.    >:(

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:01 PM »
I do not enjoy being hairy backed! I don't mind my chest, but everywhere else it's too much for me.
It's a cruel joke that we lose it on our heads and gain it everywhere else we don't want it.    >:(

Has anybody here ever had their chest or back waxed?  I have a little back hair; I don't think it would be too painful to have it waxed.  The chest is another matter, entirely.  I can't get that scene from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" out of my mind.  Of course, in real life they would probably trim the hair down first, so it wouldn't be quite as painful.  Still, it's not something I'm anxious to try. :-\

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 08:34:21 AM »

Has anybody here ever had their chest or back waxed?  I have a little back hair; I don't think it would be too painful to have it waxed. 

Razor, it depends on how much of your back is covered with hair. If it's a smaller area you should be fine, but if it's more spread out it is going to take longer.
I had my back done years ago, and if you don't trim it down to the right length, it will hurt more than it needs to. ouch. If you go to an experienced (and licensed) hair remover you shouldn't have a problem.

I am due for a Summer trim down as we speak, lol.

Offline KeeperOfTheBeard

• Keeper of The Beard
  • Sly Jr.
    • Midwest Beard and Moustache Club
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 01:39:50 PM »
I am moderately hairy - not like Bigfoot or Austin Powers - but the chest hair is dense - and my beard is like the Black Forest. 

My back does grow hair - not alot - but enough so that I don't like it - so I use the Mangroomer for my back and it works like a charm!

http://www.mangroomer.com/
"You don't have a soul - you are a soul - you have a body"

Midwest Beard and Moustache Club

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »
I use the Mangroomer for my back and it works like a charm!

Does it get it all?  Since Sly, my wife is somewhat less cooperative in cleaning up the back!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »
Being hairy is just part of being a guy. But why do I have to have so much of it? Yesterday I trimmed my chest hair, cut about an inch of length off it and you can't even tell. I'd like to trim some off my back since it's length is just as bad. Maybe I can get my wife to trim my hair, since I will be coloring her hair Saturday, I think she should (not likely!)

Pshrynk

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
What an interesting thread.

Men with MPB are likely to have high testosterone -- and also hairy bodies.  I say live with it, it's only hair.   ;)

I find it kind of kind of funny if a man who has embraced their baldness is fretting about something as silly as body hair.  hmmmmm.......

Really a sign of our times I guess.  All  part of the commercialization and exploitation of human appearance and the norms of beauty.   Fifty or sixty years ago men were mostly happy with themselves and their appearance.  Fat, skinny, hairy, bald, whatever, men were men and they accepted it. 

The current obsession with male appearance is a byproduct of the movement of consumerism and advertising from women to men.  More evidence of this is the wealth of "men's magazines" that are all about health and fitness, what to wear, how to look, how to act, what's cool, who's cool, what to drive, what to buy, where to buy it, how much to buy.  In effect, consumerist society decides our personal worth by how we look.  Beauty products abound for men now.   

This commercialization is really designed to create insecurities and worries in men just like it does in women.   To be successful and accepted you have to look a certain way.

Men just didn't care about all that rubbish before.  Today's man is pretty much being neutered.  We're being turned into metrosexuals.  In my practice I work with a lot of teenagers and the young men are having body image problems and issues just like girls.  Obsessions with exercise, boys taking steroids, bulimia and eating disorders are all par for the course for male teens now.

Real men are hairy....  thats the way it is.   Giving in to worrying about it, and removing it, is giving in to society's currently skewed views of human beauty and attractiveness. 

There's my two bits.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
I like removing my body hair. Basically anywhere except my legs, forearms (which i still trim down with clippers), and area right underneath my lower lip. The rest is clean.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »

Real men are hairy....  thats the way it is.   Giving in to worrying about it, and removing it, is giving in to society's currently skewed views of human beauty and attractiveness. 

There's my two bits.

Pretty judgmental coming from a psychologist, Pshrynk.  I don't think a "real man" is defined by how much hair is or isn't on his body.  If a guy has a hairy back and is self-conscious about it, what's wrong with removing it?

Aside from that, it isn't always a vanity thing.  Body hair can be very coarse and if you have a lot of it, it can be very itchy and uncomfortable.  Trimming, shaving, or waxing it can alleviate that discomfort, so it's not fair to pin every guy who does with the "metrosexual" label.

Pshrynk

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »

There's my two bits.

Pretty judgmental coming from a psychologist, Pshrynk.  I don't think a "real man" is defined by how much hair is or isn't on his body.  If a guy has a hairy back and is self-conscious about it, what's wrong with removing it?

Aside from that, it isn't always a vanity thing.  Body hair can be very coarse and if you have a lot of it, it can be very itchy and uncomfortable.  Trimming, shaving, or waxing it can alleviate that discomfort, so it's not fair to pin every guy who does with the "metrosexual" label.

Thats exactly my point, why not be happy the way you are and NOT self conscious about MPB or body hair or whatever.   IMHO why get self conscious about piddly sh*t like that?  Life's too short too worry about something as minor as hair.

"real men are hairy" was said tongue in cheek....  ;)

Besides  just because I'm a psychologist... doesn't mean I'm not allowed a personal opinion and that I have to accept everything and everybody?  F that!  Obviously I don't judge my clients for their foibles....  but society at large is fair game    ^-^

Men ARE becoming more and more obsessed with their appearance and this is driven by rampant consumerism -- I stand by that statement.

Enter your email address: