Author Topic: Beard trimmers  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Beard trimmers
« on: March 01, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good beard trimmer?  I have a Remington Titanium that I really do not like at all.  I usually go to a barber around the corner from my office once a week for a trim.  For $5 it's well worth it.  The problem is he's only in the shop on Fridays and Saturdays.  I wasn't in the office the past two Fridays and was getting a little shaggy, so last night I pulled out the Remington Titanium to tidy up a bit.  I really wish I hadn't.  I know these things are supposed to be foolproof, but I find it difficult to use.  I think I need something that is less bulky to fit around the contours of my face.  Trying to do the mustache area is particularly tricky; the damn trimmer is so big, there isn't a whole lot of room to move it around.

Now I can't wait for next Friday to come around so my goat will be grown out a bit and the barber can repair the damage I did.  But I do need to learn how to do this myself for those occasions when I can't get to the shop.  Any suggestions?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Beard trimmers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »
First off, I'm sure you get some funny looks walking into a barber...

Check out the Conair beard trimmer.  I've owned this for several years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Amazon Link

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:57:59 AM »
First off, I'm sure you get some funny looks walking into a barber...

Yep.   :D

Check out the Conair beard trimmer.  I've owned this for several years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Amazon Link

Thanks.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:41:04 PM »
I am also in search of a good beard trimmer. I am really picky about my beard length. In my avatar it's a tad too short, but after a couple days it will be the right length.
Tyler, does that beard trimmer allow you to really fine-tune the length? I am just using hair trimmers right now because my beard trimmer always MISSES hairs somehow. I end up looking like a freak with a longer moustachio and patches of slightly thicker hair and random hairs I inevitably miss. Not cool.

So basically, is that shaver powerful? I see it's battery powered, which typically means it could get my nosehairs, but not much else. And yeah, I am concerned about how much you can fine-tune the length it cuts.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »
Been using Conair. Good product in my book
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Tyro

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
I have a Norelco trimmer.
It does an adequate job of keeping the strays under control.

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot