Author Topic: Hockey!  (Read 1270 times)

Offline j_the_p

• Learning the way of Sly
Hockey!
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:48:51 AM »
I just thought I'd say...HOCKEY!  Since there there don't seem to be any other threads about the great frozen game.

Go Flames!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Hockey!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:00:40 AM »
I have to say that I enjoy going to hockey games, but I'm not a big fan of watching it on TV.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »
Played amateur hockey for 15 years and loved it. Far & away, my favorite team sport to play. On a minute per minute basis, there is not a better workout than showing up for some pick up hockey. I stopped playing a few years ago but still have all my gear. We have a great two rink facility pretty close to me but I know as soon as I start playing, I'll want to get back into leagues and I already have enough expensive hobbies.

Tyler's right, it's a sport that doesn't translate well to TV, which is why their TV contract sucks.

Go SHARKS!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 08:01:07 AM »
I've never been to a pro hockey game, but I was really into watching the sport a few years ago, St. Louis Blues!  I still like it, just don't watch much anymore.  That and the Blues have pretty much sucked the past few years.

I've talked to others who've seen games at the arena and they say you really miss a lot when you watch on TV.  I'd love to go see a game, just haven't had the time or initative to make the plans and go.