Poll

Do you prefer a glossy head lube or a matte one?

Gloosy
Matte

Author Topic: Head lubed glossy or matte?  (Read 5473 times)

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
Head lubed glossy or matte?
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm looking into buying a headblade and some accessories.  One of these accesories will be headlube, but I don' t know if I should choose glossy or matte?  Usually, when I see guys on tv and the like, there heads are shiny (i assume glossy) and it looks quite nice (I'm straight, don't get any ideas, lmao).  Anyway, what are your responses to the different types of lubes?  Do females like a glossy head more or a matte head?  Opinions please!  Thanks..!

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
Re: Head lubed glossy or matte?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:56:40 PM »
Hmmm,  yes,  the great debate.  Glossy or Mat finish.  I like both,  and so I have a pumper of both on the bathroom counter.  Most days I'm feeling glossy .. but there are those days when I just want to be matt.  Interestingly enough,  the glossy finish is a slicker finish.  My skull cap won't stay on with the glossy as well as it will with the matt;  and when it is zero outside I like having my hat stay on.

If you wear the glossy then you are also providing a public service as folks behind you will be able to check their appearance on your head.

Then .. you also bring more attention to yourself .. if that is what you are looking for.

I have even been known to mix the two if I am on the fence.  Both are fine products,  I recommend getting them both.

I also have tried the HeadBlade shave product.  Im on the fence about it.  It has a menthol quality and when I get it near my eyes it burns.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:02:46 PM »
Hey Krypton-

Welcome to the Forum! I use the Matte and love it. I haven't tried the gloosy but I'm going to pick some up my next visit to WM.

I DO like the Haed Lube for shaving but Shane is right... it will burn your eyes if you get any in them.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
I've got a  bottle of the matte I've had since last May.  I never use it since my head is naturally shiny all on it's own and I thought the Headlube made my scalp somewhat greasy.  I'd be happy to donate my bottle to anyone that wants it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:25:29 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:50:36 AM »
I like Matte as it tends to make my head less shiny at the end of the day.  If I use Glossy I it's almost as if I could be seen from space.  Though, it's different for everyone.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

JohnMont

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:32:32 AM »

I'm finding I prefer 'matte' during the cold weather months; and think of shiny as more of a summer look.  by the way; HeadBlade's HeadLube products dont seem to be available in Canada, at least not in my town.  Dang - -   I'd really like to try them.

Offline ryebread

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
I use the matte but have thought about using the glossy. I find that even when I use the matte that my head shines on it's own so I wonder how much it would if I used glossy.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:48:59 PM »
I would look elsewhere. Both versions of Headlube make my head feel greasy bad. I like a more water based like BG Gel. It soaks in real nice and leaves a good shine too!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »
By God I had better be able to see my reflection in that shine Marine!

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »

Haha I met the Ole Gunny in Iraq. That dudehas a handshake that could bring a gorrilla to its knees!!! He was a mans man!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »
Glossy all the way.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »

Haha I met the Ole Gunny in Iraq. That dudehas a handshake that could bring a gorrilla to its knees!!! He was a mans man!

Gunny Ermy is the spittin' image of my Senior DI in 1968!  ::)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:32:49 PM »
I'm with Nick & KC on the greasy feeling of HeadLube. I'm still using it periodically, but will not be buying anymore once my bottle runs out. I switched to L'oreal Comfort Max with SPF 15. Twice as much $, but a much better product.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »
I prefer glossy - the shining dome that's the goal!

J

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »

R Lee Ermey was promoted to  the Honorary Rank of Gunnery Sgt. The first person in the history of the Marine Corps to be promoted after retirement.