Author Topic: Hypocritical?  (Read 11934 times)

Offline baldrev

• Sly Guy in Training
Hypocritical?
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »
Ok, so I just started and now I’m going to get in people’s faces. I’m sorry, I just can’t leave this alone, it’s part of why I signed up.

Come on! Aren’t some of us being just a bit hypocritical? I mean, “I shave my head and if they don’t like it, they don’t have to be around me,” “It’s who I am. They should love me for that, not my hair,” then “I like a woman to have long hair. Down to her shoulder, back, butt.” What about loving them for who they are?

Today is my anniversary. I have been married to my beautiful bride for thirty-one years. She had long hair when I met her and wears it short now. I love her for who she is, not her hair. I don’t care that it’s short or that it is going grey. I don’t care that her face has more character in it, read wrinkles, than it used to. I love her for what’s inside. If we think people should accept us with our shaved heads for who we are, not what we have on top, shouldn’t we give others the same respect?

Sorry about preaching. It’s in the blood.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Hypocritical?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
HHhhhhmmmm.....good points and well taken.

I think your sorta comparing apples to oranges, Rev.

Taste is taste.....if yer "out there" and single, IMO the purposeful SLY look projects all sorts a stuff about a dude.   Sure not all womanfolk are attracted to the SLY look.  AHHHhhh......but many are  :@`

Loving someone for who they are comes in, I think, when you already know the person and they decide to do "something else" with their style.

For us married folk.  I have enjoyed my wife to experiment with all sorts of "doos" .... I don't take sucha  strong stance.....if she likes it, I'm happy that she's happy.

Sorta befuddles me how some wives take that strong stance.  My wife prefers the hair, since I still have pretty full coverage....but she doesn't take a strong stance.

Offline baldrev

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »
I guess you're right about getting to know someone as compared to meeting someone new. It just seems that you would not want to make a decision about whom you like or don't without checking who they are.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »
I accept every individual for what and who they are as well as the way they treat others. They could be an orange space alien with one tit and and their butt where their face is supposed to be and i wouldn't care as long as they were cool.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »
I'm with Mike on this, Rev.
My wife hates it, I told her (i.e. YELLED) GET OVER IT and she backed off ....felt good to do that.
Like your wife, the Lovely Mrs. Schro's appearance has changed since we met 15 yrs ago. Yet, she's just as beautiful now as she was then. Does she look different? Yeah. Has she changed her hairstyle? Yeah. Does her face & body have more "character"? Yeah. But she's still the love of my life.

If people object to it, screw 'em. I wear my hair (or the absence of it) the way I want. They can do what they please with theirs.

By the way, Happy Anniversary Rev.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:52:11 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
Im the same way.  If someone approaches me and just flat out tells me that they dont like my bald head.  Well...excuse me, but why do I have to suit your taste?  You are nothing to me and im nothing to you.  So if you dotn like the way I look..then just walk away.  For instance....I dont like it that people totally cover their bodies with tattoos and piercings all over and wear pants that the waist is around their knees...but am I going to walk up to taht person and tell them that?  NO...because what I say to them, does it even matter?  Everyone has their own taste and preferences...but if you walk up to me and act like you want to be a friend to me...then hey im all for it.  Lets pull up a chair and chit chat.  at some point in the friendship it may come out the he or she doesnt like me shaving my head...and that would be cool...i would respect taht person for telling me how he/she feels...but it wouldnt neccessarily make me change my mind.  But if you are just some ol joe blow walking down the street...well just keep on trucking buddy cause I dont have time to waste on stupid sh*t liek that..

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
HHhhhhmmmm.....good points and well taken.

I think your sorta comparing apples to oranges, Rev.

Taste is taste.....if yer "out there" and single, IMO the purposeful SLY look projects all sorts a stuff about a dude.   Sure not all womanfolk are attracted to the SLY look.  AHHHhhh......but many are  :@`

Loving someone for who they are comes in, I think, when you already know the person and they decide to do "something else" with their style.

For us married folk.  I have enjoyed my wife to experiment with all sorts of "doos" .... I don't take sucha  strong stance.....if she likes it, I'm happy that she's happy.

Sorta befuddles me how some wives take that strong stance.  My wife prefers the hair, since I still have pretty full coverage....but she doesn't take a strong stance.

Couldn't have said it better myself
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:59:15 AM »
My wife prefers my "hair" at about 1/8 to 1/4 inch but she likes it sly as well. She reminds me 

As of this Thurs, we will have been married 10 years and we both encourage each other to be ourselves, take chances and in the words of Digital Underground "Do whatcha Like".

We like each other to be happy and live the life we were given weather it be a hair style, new clothes, new hobbies, or just lightin up the tires at a green light now and then. If she wants to dye her hair bright orange and shave half of it off, thats up to her... it keeps things exciting.

Whatever it is we are doing, we do it together... and that is most important.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:36:07 AM »
rev & marz....congrats on your anniversary.   O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

...she's just as beautiful now as she was then....she's still the love of my life.

You da man, schro !  O0

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »

...wear pants that the waist is around their knees...

I can't stand that either, Timmmay !

I always wonder....how the hell do they run from the cops?  :*))

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
yes I'm sly and if someone doesn't like then hey sucks to be them, but as far as my prefference in my women, I do preffer longer hair but if I fall head over heels for a short haired woman then I gotta roll with it, my prefference doesn't cloud my vision, it just a prefference.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
rev & marz....congrats on your anniversary.   O0 O0

WARHAWK O0

I didn't know the Rev and Marz were an item!  :*))

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline charlesh1609

• Sly Stylin' Slickster
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
My wife prefers my "hair" at about 1/8 to 1/4 inch but she likes it sly as well. She reminds me 

As of this Thurs, we will have been married 10 years and we both encourage each other to be ourselves, take chances and in the words of Digital Underground "Do whatcha Like". ...

Conrats, Marz!  And in King County, WA no less! 
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
What the hell does hypocritical mean?

Isnt that one of those things that doctors use to give you a flu shot?

But seriously Rev, coming onto this site and insulting people and calling them hypocrites isnt a sure fire way to make friends. On fire for the Lord or not, there are other places that you can go if you want to be that way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 06:26:06 PM by JDog »

Enter your email address: