Author Topic: NATURAL disaster situation....what will U do?  (Read 6825 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
NATURAL disaster situation....what will U do?
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:26 PM »
hello fellow chromes......just wondering...U  R  watching tv & the emergency broadcast network has interrupted your favorite show.  they mention that a natural disaster (i/e...hurricane)  will hit  your town and U will lose electricity for 2 whole weeks.  the grocery stores, gas stations,  and everything is closed.  u just "ran out" of your shaving gear such as your razor and shave cream/gel.  u have a 14 day supply of unused bic disposable razors.  so...what do U do for the next 14 days.

i'll start:  i'll take my chances with the bic razors and continue my slyness.  so...how 'bout U?  will U use the bic razor?  or will U just not shave & let it grow out for 14 days?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: NATURAL disaster situation....what will U do?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:32:10 AM »
Keepin it sly WARHAWK..... although it could be a little uncomfortable shaving with no hot water.........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:00:47 AM »
whatever it takes to be sly

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Spleener

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:42:32 AM »
I'd moisturize the crap outta my head and go for it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com" target="blank"> [img width= height=]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080210/sampa9ce80c0d1455181.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »
I would keep it sly until the scalp carnage was too high.

I would prefer to miss a few days than damage my beautiful skull any more than it already is.

Plus... half a beard, a head that looks like a opossums ass behind the barrel of a gun is a great way to deter any unsavories.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 10:25:20 AM »
Bite the bullet and git er dun
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »
gr8 answers fellas!  yeah...with hurricane season  starting in june 1st that is definitely something 2 think about.  when hurricane ivan hit beautiful pensacola back in sept. 2004...we were out of electricity for about 3 days and some parts of pensacola were without power for about a week.  i didn't sport the sly noggin' back then but i did shave the mug.  cold water sucks but i had 2 keep the mug looking smooooth. O0

hey fellas...keep up with your responses.  i'm enjoying your sly reads. O:O

WARHAWK O0

Offline baldrev

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
I would stand on the shore with my staff raised high like Moses and force the damned hurricane away so that all my sly bros could keep on keepin' on.

Second best; I would still do the doo every other day, just like now. If it went beyond that, who cares? It's what's in my head not on it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »
I'd boil water on the bbq, let it cool to optimum temperature, warm up the face & dome, and continue with my shaving ritual.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »
I'd boil water on the bbq, let it cool to optimum temperature, warm up the face & dome, and continue with my shaving ritual.

hey schro....thanks man.  i'm going 2 use that.  that's how me & the wifey were able 2 eat.  i own a charcoal grill & i always have an extra large bag of coals ready during hurricane season. 

WARHAWK O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 11:43:53 AM »
Please...I'd do what i needed to stay nice and sly...

just have to remember to load up the BOMBSHELTER with all the critical "sly" needs!

Yes, we have a real, true certified bombshelter in our basement..

kinda cool (and scary), huh?!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 12:44:49 PM »
Please...I'd do what i needed to stay nice and sly...

just have to remember to load up the BOMBSHELTER with all the critical "sly" needs!

Yes, we have a real, true certified bombshelter in our basement..

kinda cool (and scary), huh?!

I went to middle school with a guy whose family had a real honest to goodness bombshelter in their house. His parents would never let us go in it though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »

I went to middle school with a guy whose family had a real honest to goodness bombshelter in their house. His parents would never let us go in it though.

Why not?  Were they afraid you redneck kids would go down there and get "bombed?"   :*))
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
Hey warhawk...this is somethign you might want to invest in.  Im thinking about getting one for myself when I go back to Haiti in Oct.  Being that while in Haiti a cold shower is about all you will get.  Very seldom do you find hot or even warm water coming out of the facuets.  At Walmart I noticed in teh camping section they have these hot water bags.  They are black vinyl bags and if my memory serves me right I think they hold like 5 gals of water.  YOu fill it up with water..hang it  up outside in the sun.  Within a few hours you will have HOT water..not boiling but very hot water.  I think they sold for around 12 bucks, but for me ...spending 10 days in Haiti it will be well worth it.  So yeah...thats what I would do.  Go buy me a solar water heater.......hey look at it this way...it even has a little hose on it with a sprayer..you could stand outside and take ya shower.....lol

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »
Wow Warhawk another great post to keep us thinking.

As I now shave every 3 days now, I would probably just bear it. If I knew it was going to be weeks b4 the water came back on, Yeah I would definetley do what Schro suggested and boil some water on the gas BBQ.

It isnt myself that I would be really worried about though. Our little baby boy gets real crabby if he doesnt have his evening bath with his mum. And do I really need to mention what it would be like to live with a woman who hasnt showered in a week!!LOL