Author Topic: Ever recruit a relative?  (Read 2462 times)

StogieStang

Ever recruit a relative?
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:21:39 AM »
My brother saw me for the first time in person since I went sly.  He is 9 years older than me.  Since I'm already losing hair at 25 you can imagine what he looks like.  He has the Dr. Phil hair style going.  In the past his excuse for not shaving his head is that his wife wouldn't let him.  So with everyone all together and me with a newly sly head the topic came up again.  Where his wife said I never said you couldn't it's your head do what you want.  With that excuse out of the way and me bringing him a new in the box head blade the only thing he could come up with is that I shave my head everyday and it would be too much work.  I thought I was going to be successful with recruiting him but it didn't work out that way. 

Anyone here ever been successful at recruiting other family members?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ever recruit a relative?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:38:10 AM »
Anyone here ever been successful at recruiting other family members?
stogie.....good topic btw... as far as relatives....yes.  i tried recruiting my dad but he feels that his dome won't look right with a smooooth noggin'.  i disagree but he won't listen 2 me.  oh well....i tried. :(

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 06:04:03 AM »
May not have been successful now Stogie, but I'll bet you have planted the seed.   Just keep setting the example and he will probably follow you up the sly path.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19:35 PM »
Hey may come around man.  Give it time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »
May not have been successful now Stogie, but I'll bet you have planted the seed.   Just keep setting the example and he will probably follow you up the sly path.

I think so, too.  He's too young to be walking around with a fringe and deep down inside he probably knows it. 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:38:46 PM »
i tried convincing dad the other day. he won't do it.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »
i tried convincing dad the other day. he won't do it.

I think it's next to impossible for a son to convince a father to do it.  Probably a generational thing.  Some older guys do shave but if it's their kid's idea, that probably makes them less likely to do it.   My dad's got a fairly big bald spot in back now (that we all pretend isn't there).  He would never shave and I wouldn't even waste my time trying to convince him.  He thinks I'm crazy for doing it.  He got so upset a while back when the barber buzzed his hair too short.

Offline Zeekev

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »
I tried to convince my brother as his hairline is starting to recede but he said he was "afraid" and it wouldn't look right. He wears a ball cap all the time(at work and socially) claims it is a fashion statement. One of these days he'll take the plunge, he's that kind of guy, does something major when you least expect it. Hopefully that will be sooner than later. Tried to talk my dad into it as he has been MPB (even wore a rug in his younger days) since his late 20's but he says he is too old and it's too much work. Glad he ditched the rug though.