Author Topic: diet  (Read 3615 times)

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
diet
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:25:20 AM »
I find the atkins diet good for getting the weight down, then doing a few exercises to keep it off.At my age do not go to the gym now, but use to go every day. I FindYou can loose a couple of pounds a day just eating protein, but u feel bad.

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
Re: diet
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
throw in a few greens and you will feel fine. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
Yeah, I echo what Just Colorado said.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »
Drink plenty of Water and exercise and steer clear of excessive booze,fatty foods,sugars and carbs. This has always worked very well for me for weight loss. I lost 25lbs using this regime in just 2 months before my wedding.

My problem is that I really enjoy booze,carbs,fatty foods and sugar.LOL

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »
Your never to old to go to the gym, study after study has proven it is one of the best things to do to prevent disease, illness, decreased mobility and deteroiation of all the vital parts and keeps those parts performing the way they should.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
My problem is that I really enjoy booze,carbs,fatty foods and sugar.LOL

Ditto!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Funny (sad really), change in metabolism/growing old sucks.

Like JDog & BaldRob, I love carbs, beer, & other bad stuff. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted without any long term effects on my weight (short term effects included hangovers and waking up next to someone that looked a lot better 4 or 5 hours earlier  :o).

I still exercise quite a bit, but now I really have to watch my intake or the poundage will definitely creep up on me.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:17:24 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
The problem is when u loose a bit to much weight at my age  it comes of your face and u start to look a bit older.I do a lot of facial exercice over the last 20 years to try to counteract it. Tried the electric pads on face but they keep falling off.Went to a school re last year and boy did they all look old.,They all had thinning hair  and lines.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »
Funny (sad really), change in metabolism/growing old sucks.

Ain't that the truth!!! :Xo!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
Exercise, Veggies, Water and knowing (about) how many calories you are ingesting with each snack / meal and keeping somewhat of a tally seems to be the best I can do.

Everything else (diets) I find to be short term solutions as I refuse to deprive myself of "living".
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »
DIET....is a 4-letter word in my book. :x!   how i miss the days when i could eat everything i wanted and NOT gain a pound. :(

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
After I retired my weight shot up from about 210 to 265 in about one year. I started going to Weight Watchers and following their plan, which is not so much a diet as it is just keeping track of caloric intake. You can eat however much you want, you keep track of points allotted for a specific kind of food. You get to add points for exercise, which I took advantage of. In about 3 months I got down to 205 and could see my abs for the first time in years.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
After I retired my weight shot up from about 210 to 265 in about one year. I started going to Weight Watchers and following their plan, which is not so much a diet as it is just keeping track of caloric intake. You can eat however much you want, you keep track of points allotted for a specific kind of food. You get to add points for exercise, which I took advantage of. In about 3 months I got down to 205 and could see my abs for the first time in years.

Buddha that is a great amount of weight loss,well done.

I use a similar type of calorie controll eating plan called Lite N Easy. I only take in around 1500 calories a day and by drinking lots of water and exercise I've been able to successfully burn off the fat that my body has been storing for the last year.

I'm currently at 208lbs(I was at 225 about 1 month ago.) I want to get down to about 190 by May10th, my sons first birthday.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »
I use a similar type of calorie controll eating plan called Lite N Easy. I only take in around 1500 calories a day and by drinking lots of water and exercise I've been able to successfully burn off the fat that my body has been storing for the last year.

I'm currently at 208lbs(I was at 225 about 1 month ago.) I want to get down to about 190 by May10th, my sons first birthday.
[/quote]

Good job also, JDog. 17 pounds in a month is massive.
The difference in Weight Watchers is let's say you eat a 6 oz. chicken breast, you get 3 points for that due to fat content and protein. If you then eat a high fiber veggie with it you might not have to take an additional point for the greens so you can eat as much of it as you want. At the end ofthe day you might have enough points left to have ice cream for dessert. Once you get used to figuring the points for specific foods it is not as mathematically challenging as a calorie count but it does get you reading labels before you buy stuff.
Good luck on the goal of 190.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.