Author Topic: BaldRob's Goals  (Read 20066 times)

BaldRob

BaldRob's Goals
« on: December 11, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »
Well, after a lot of travelling over the last 9 months my decent shape that I was in is now gone again... so since I have about 6 weeks until my next trip, I'm going to kick it into high gear and shed some pounds and work on the arms, chest, back, and legs.

Hit the gym this morning for some cardio (and interval cardio) and some ab work.  Tomorrow is Chest, Triceps, and legs.

Don't know if I have a specific goal in mind, more of a "get back to the way I looked before I moved back to Chicago" mindset.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: BaldRob's Goals
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
Good job Rob.  It is nice to see some Navy guys try to keep themselves in shape.   ;)  ;D   :)
Seriously, way to go!!!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:42:16 PM »
Yeah... us Navy guys like to get pudgy after awhile.

My biggest problem has been the motivation... but now I have it again.

When I first moved to Maryland, I weighed 260 with a 40 inch waist.  I started working out and eating better and within a year I was at 225 with a 36 inch waist.  I could have probably gone down more, but I like pizza and rum too much!

Once I moved back to Chicago, I kind of lost the drive to go to the gym 4 days a week.  Partly due to my travel requirements and partly due to lack of time dealing with getting settled into my new house.

When I get started back to the gym though, I'll get that "hunger" back... I felt it today when I got that rush of energy when I got home!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
Yeah, travelling is a killer.  You really have to be disciplined to eat well, especially if you have an expense account and can go get a steak dinner every night.

Way to get back into it Rob!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:11:23 PM »
My biggest problem has been the motivation...Once I moved...I kind of lost the drive to go to the gym...partly due to lack of time dealing with getting settled into my new house...When I get started back to the gym though, I'll get that "hunger" back... I felt it today when I got that rush of energy when I got home!

OH...YEAH!....you're right in sync with my whole thing since we bought our house in August!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 10:48:25 PM »
Yeah, travelling is a killer. You really have to be disciplined to eat well, especially if you have an expense account and can go get a steak dinner every night.
Dude use that same expense account to stay in only hotels that have partnerships with local gyms and workout on you down  time after that steak diner loaded with great protien for your body!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:02:28 PM »
Yeah, travelling is a killer. You really have to be disciplined to eat well, especially if you have an expense account and can go get a steak dinner every night.
Dude use that same expense account to stay in only hotels that have partnerships with local gyms and workout on you down  time after that steak diner loaded with great protien for your body!!

That's what I do most of the time.  I also get a pass from my local gym that allows me to visit other gyms for free or a discounted price.  I've even asked for a week long membership at some places.  Most of the time the manager will just ask for $20 and pocket it, but it works for me.

The steak is usually the good part of the meal.  It's all the other stuff you have to watch out for.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 05:56:46 PM »
So after slacking off for a week (actually very busy), a friend of mine said he needed some help to get back in standards before his upcoming school for the Navy.  The goal now is to motivate him... and myself in the process!  Two hard cardio days so far this week... and three more to go!  Next week, same plan!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »

When I first moved to Maryland, I weighed 260 with a 40 inch waist.  I started working out and eating better and within a year I was at 225 with a 36 inch waist.  I could have probably gone down more, but I like pizza and rum too much!

how tall are you rob?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
So after slacking off for a week (actually very busy), a friend of mine said he needed some help to get back in standards before his upcoming school for the Navy.  The goal now is to motivate him... and myself in the process!  Two hard cardio days so far this week... and three more to go!  Next week, same plan!

Navy school... ??? anything other than BUDS have required PT?  So by cardio you mean limitting snoring while on the job? :P

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 06:36:30 PM »

Navy school... ??? anything other than BUDS have required PT?  So by cardio you mean limitting snoring while on the job? :P

Yeah... that's it... but you have to drink coffee at the same time!   ;D

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 06:37:30 PM »

how tall are you rob?

5' 11"

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »
kinda tall for a leprechaun huh?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 06:47:58 PM »
Nice try Paulie!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »
I'm thinking Rob is built like a brick wall...damn I'm 200 and about 6'2"
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: