Author Topic: Almost pulled the trigger.. need advice  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Dimiakira

• Sly Guy in Training
Almost pulled the trigger.. need advice
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:27:52 AM »
Hi Guys,

i was in my bathroom and was contiplating going fully sly. Recently i have been shaving it with clippers at #0 and love it.

problem is im still scared to go all the way. I went in the bathroom, stared at the mirror examaning my head. contemplating it all.

took out the shaving crean and spread it out on my head. with my hand trembling i went to strike the first blow.......... but i couldnt do it. it was one of the most intence moments of my life.

i think ill wait for the weekend so i set it for Friday night giving me 3 days to adjust.... i know im a pussy.

if i dont like it guys how long until it goes back to #0. oh and how the hell do you guys get it so smooth.

love the look but dont know if it will suit me

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Almost pulled the trigger.. need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:50:07 AM »
Hey bro, you can do it!  To answer your question, it take about 48 hours at most to get  back to a 0, possibly even sooner if your hair grows fast.  You'll love it!  Trust me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
If you are already at a zero, the difference in appearance will certainly be no shock.  Like Ty said after 48 hours or sooner you would be right back where you started, so go for it.  From your pic you are already rocking the zero and going totally sly will be just that more awesome.  For great smoothness I suggest you check out the various responses from the brothers in the Head Shaving section of the forum and pick those that best suit your personnal needs.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:22:53 AM »
I remember being right where you are, and please believe me that it really is not a big deal after you do it.  I will bet that nobody will even notice if you've already gone to the #0.  I'm also guessing that you won't be satisfied until you try it.

Best of luck.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:56:42 AM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:42:11 AM »
D-

As the others brothers said, it will get back to a zero by the time you have to go back to work on Monday. Looking at your photo, it will not be a huge difference for you since your hair is cropped so close anyway. The big thing is wondering how other people react to the change. You just have to have it in your mind that the change is for YOU.

The SLY will look great on you judging by your photo.

Say a little prayer for strength and take the first swipe.......

Mike
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »
In my mind, you're already there.  You just haven't formalized the deal with a blade.  The only difference you'll see is less of a shadow when you use the blade.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
I'd say you're there too. Won't take long for the growth of a 0 to hit.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
Goooo for it bro!

You'll be back to a 0 buzz in two days...

But honestly buzzed bald is NOT shaved smooth, totally bald...

the later is friggin' awesome with no comparision...

remember though, once you do it you can only make a good judgement if fully sly is for you , if you keep it shaved smooth for at least 3-4 weeks..

go for complete bald brutha, you'll love it! O0

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
Awe heck,  just shave it!  Slather on some headblade glossy for a little added attention and you're good to go.

Offline bonanza50

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 02:49:49 PM »
When a man shaves his head for the first time he draws considerable attention to himself. Unless you are already the center of attention this will be a new and character building moment. I suggest you have some very sly prepared answerers for what will feel a bit overwhelming. Here is the best part. You will demonstrate that you have enormous gonads and can emerge “the man” in everyone eyes if you don’t cower. Shaven men project strength, power and just enough humility to be warmly welcomed.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
if you are zero guarding with the clippers, the only difference is going all the way takes away the remaining stubble that the clippers leave behind.  the headblade is the best product for smoothness without a doubt.
bald for life

Offline baldken

• If I ever look like that, I'm shaving my head!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
When I went from #0 to shaved I did a military style shaved the sides and back and then left the top.  After two days with that I shave all of it, because I loved the feel of the smooth back and sides Just an idea to make the last big step.  Your gonna love it when you do it
Get a haircut ya' hippy freak

Offline Cameron

• Sly Jr.
  • My wife and me. She loves the look!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 07:51:22 AM »
In reference to how we get it so smooth...

With my head, there are two ways to go about it:  You can shave with the grain (i.e. down from the top of your head to your forehead), which gets it pretty smooth, but there is still some stubble you can feel.  Or, if you can handle it, you can shave against the grain (pull the razor from the front back), which will get it completely smooth.  My hair is very dense and against the grain is only for special occasions.  In my experience, this is much more likely to cut you, too.

I would suggest shaving in the mornings, because if you shave at night, your best scalp is enjoyed only by your pillows.  Or do both.  The more you shave, the faster it is each time.

Also, a normal lotion or a special treatment (HeadBlade HeadSlick is about the best IMO, you can get it at walgreens) will really help the smoothness.

Good luck bro.  My motto is: Just throw your hat over the wall.  Before thinking about, just grab your razor and do a nice path in the middle of your head.  Then there's no turning back.  Plus, you're so close now, it won't be startling to anyone.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:55:20 AM by Cameron »
That'll do, donkey.  That'll do.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:07 AM »
The other only difference you will feel is that bare skin as it touches different objects.  I have a leather recliner at home and when I first did it...it was the freakiest feeling ever.  My head almost felt numb.  Bro...you have got to do it..and do it now! LOL... I do not believe there is one person in this chat that would steer you wrong.  IF IM WRONG.....I will make you a deal....if you dont like it...I will grow my hair out for one week.  And that my bro...would just kill me.....but if it gets you to shavin your head...im all for it.  Heck I dont even know ya.....but that doesnt matter...we are all brothers in here..just different mothers! LOL.
Just do it ...take the plunge.....I guarentee you ....you wont ever go back to teh #0........highly doubtful...you will love the slick feeling.  To get it smooth....just use a good blade...one that you feel comfortable with and read up on how others shave...I use the headblade sp with headslick lotion....shave it smooth....cold water rinse....then the "ICE CUBE" rub...( that right there my man is killer) then I top it off with a clear aloe vera gel ....and Im good to go until the next morning.  Have it...cant wait to see new pics......of you SLICK AND SLY.
Take care
Timmay

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 10:03:47 AM »
TIMMJ -

You would look funny with hair!!!!!!!! :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields