Author Topic: Places for bald guys to meet a woman  (Read 33443 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Places for bald guys to meet a woman
« on: December 10, 2006, 03:29:39 AM »
One of the most frustrating things that I can remember about being single and one  that my single friends constantly remind me of is that a guy never knows where the women are so they can meet women.  I know, you can always go to a bar, but how often do you actually meet a woman at the bar?

So, now that I'm married and I do things I would never have considered or even thought of doing when I was single, I'll let you in on some places that I wish I would have known about when I was single.

The Nail Salon:  Stay with me on this one!  This is how I thought of this topic.  I was getting a pedicure with my wife today.  If you're wondering why I did this (and actually admitting it), I completely understand.  I get ingrown toe nails and after a year of convincing by my wife I tried a pedicure and to my surprise, I didn't get an ingrown toe nail afterward.  Since I've started getting pedicures, I haven't had an ingrown toe nail.  So, back to the women. 

Everytime I walk into the nail salon I'm the only guy in there (I know, you're thinking DUH!).  If there is another guy most likely he's only there to give his wife cash and head off somewhere until she calls to say she's done, or he's gay.  Either way, the second all the women figure out that you're there to get a pedicure, all eyes are on you.  Yep, every woman, young and old, is going to have the wheels turning trying to figure out what you're doing in their sanctuary.  This is why you need to have confidence walking in to show that you're totally comfortable with yourself and why you're there.  The women will smile at you, or gaze at you from behind their magazines, and some will even verbalize their disbelief.  Act confident, they'll dig it.  Get up in your chair, throw the massage function on, kick on the charm and see if you can strike up a conversation.

Today made me think of this topic because when I went in with my wife they took her over to the manicure station right when she walked in which left me solo in one of the waiting chairs waiting for a pedicure spot to open up.  Well, this happened so quickly that none of the women in there knew I was with my wife and they all assumed I was by myself.  I sat down and started reading my book, not paying attention to any of them (key point!) and I started to notice there was a lot of activity in the corner of my eye.  When I looked almost all the women were looking at me, or hid behind thier magazine, and you could tell a couple of them had been talking about me.  I just gave a sly grin  8)  and a little nod to a couple of them and put my head back in my book.  A couple minutes later I looked up again and 5 of the 7 women all gave me very big smiles.  It was really humorous when it was time for me to take a seat at the pedicure spot (my wife was still getting a manicure).  Literally, all the women watched my every move.; jaws to the floor.  I just chuckled, plopped in the seat, put my feet in the water and started reading again.  I mentioned to the lady that the bottom of my feet are ticklish and that it was in her best interest to avoid that area.  That comment set off all the women and then they started talking about how they had all had that happen to them.

Anyways, though it may not be the manliest thing you can do, that's the reason it's a good place to meet women.

A few tips if you're going to try this.

Don't make it obvious that you're there to meet women.  It's like anywhere else, the more you look desperate, the less likely you'll meet someone.

Take your own book or magazine.  They don't keep guy's mags around.

Go on a Saturday afternoon, this is when they're busiest.  Also, find a larger one so there's a potential of more women in there.

Don't ever stare at any of them women or look at their feet.  They are there to try to make their feet pretty so they can show them off that night and the rest of the week.

If you have a wait, use the time to figure out the "routine" and what you need to do when you're up so you don't look like a complete idiot.  Though, it may actually help you if you look like an idiot.

Grocery Store:  Most single women don't eat out by themselves so they'll cook at home.  In order to do this they have to shop.  I've found the places like Whole Foods and other organic or upscale places have the best overall ratios.  You may also want to try the store that's closer to apartments than houses since most single women probably don't live in big houses.  Also, try going at lunch or in the early evening.

Yoga:  I don't do yoga, but I've picked my wife up after her yoga class before and all it was walking out of the class was women.

Church:  Now, I'm not saying to use church as a pickup joint, but if you haven't been in a while, you may want to start going again.  The good Lord might introduce you to someone.

They key to all of it is that it's a numbers game.  If you get infront of enough women, one's bound to like you eventually.  Play it cool, be confident and strike up a conversation.  If it doesn't go well, then you know what not to do next time.

If I end up in anymore places that have a good girl to guy ratio I'll post them up here.  If you have any you'd like to share, then post them up as well.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Places for bald guys to meet a woman
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:00:49 AM »
funny story T. i think you hit the nail on the head (NO PEDICURE PUN) when you said be confident. recently i have found that confidence is the key. if you give the impression that you don't care if you meet someone than you probably will. at least that works for me. but i just laugh and tell them that i am going home to my wife. heck they appreciate the honesty.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 10:10:01 AM »
Yes, Paul is actually right... confidence is the key to meeting women.

Another place to meet women is HAWAII!!  Just had to throw that one in there...   ;D  (and on that note, I woke up this morning to an email from the woman that I met there on my last night!!!!!!!!)   8)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »
hey rob .... if you keep rubbin in the fact that you just got back from hawaii, i am gonna have to come to chicago and kick yo......., drink beer with you.but only after it warms up. it is way to cold there now.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 10:25:22 AM »
You don't have to tell me it's too cold here right now... especially after spending 10 days in Hawaii!!   :P :P :P :P

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 01:11:27 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm...beer
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 01:17:10 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot I was gonna also say that it seems you are irresistible to women once you're already in a relationship as well. Whether it is marriage, or a serious girlfriend. My take on that is that you show a lot of confidence while in a relationship. You have someone already and don't want anyone else, or need anyone. (So to speak)
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot I was gonna also say that it seems you are irresistible to women once you're already in a relationship as well. Whether it is marriage, or a serious girlfriend. My take on that is that you show a lot of confidence while in a relationship. You have someone already and don't want anyone else, or need anyone. (So to speak)

Yeah, that's very true.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 08:50:40 AM »
Of course there is always Barns & Noble.

There are always women there. Just grab a fancy looking book under your arm, walk up to her and say "so, you reading something?"

Seriously though, I have met a bunch of women there in the coffe section. There guard is totally down. The complete opposite of the bar scene. I have set the record for getting a number within a few minutes at the local Borders book store.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:52:12 AM »
Or ballroom dance class!

It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Why do you think I learned to dance?????

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 10:02:40 AM »
Noner can dance? DAMN! No wonder he gets all the ladies

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
Great additions Noner!

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
Great idea, the dancing class. How can I take one without Mrs. Luethor finding out about it. When it comes to picking up women, she's the worst wingman in the world.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »
Of course there is always Barns & Noble.

There are always women there. Just grab a fancy looking book under your arm, walk up to her and say "so, you reading something?"

Seriously though, I have met a bunch of women there in the coffe section. There guard is totally down. The complete opposite of the bar scene. I have set the record for getting a number within a few minutes at the local Borders book store.

Noner has a very good point.  Coffee shop at the museum is also a good place - especially if you want to meet an artsy chick
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 05:12:38 PM »
Don't know how y'all feel about eligible single moms...but I've noticed something quite extraordinary.....Chuck E. Cheese.

My wife and I take our kids there every so often and I have to be careful because I love my wife very much....but MAN can you get an eyeful!!!  Lactating moms gushing out of their low-cut tank tops...BENDING OVER TO ATTEND TO THEIR LITTLE'NS  :P.

Yeah there are the unkept married moms (you know...no makeup...just tryin' to cope)....but there's another element of moms that come in there looking H-O-T :o....just them and their little'n(s)

I'll leave it to you single guys to sort out who's actually eligible, but thought I'd pass on the observation.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 05:15:26 PM by Robmeister »

Enter your email address: