Author Topic: WARHAWK's food plan  (Read 4652 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WARHAWK's food plan
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes....well 2day is the day that i actually ate something that was good 4 bfast.  i had a big, green apple, fat-free yogurt, & a bottled water.  man...i miss my omelettes, bacon, toast, & oj. :'( 

me, timmy, & rick have all gotten 2gether 2 start a fitness/food plan regimen 2 lose some weight .  i think the fitness routine 4 me will b workable BUT the food plan (i can't say that word diet) will b difficult.  i'm already craving a cheeseburger & fries.  anyways...i need your help if u can contribute a recipe, snack, or anything delicious but low in calories that i can add 2 my food plan.

thanks in advance....hey scott since U r the resident chef in R community....i hope u can stir us something good that is delicious but low in the calories.  O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: WARHAWK's food plan
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:43:13 AM »

...(i can't say that word diet)

I don't like using the word "diet" either.

Good for you, bro!

I make myself accountable by sending periodic update emails to Tyler, Schro, Paul, Timm & Razor.  I've been losing just under 3 lbs per week using this program:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/

It allows for plenty of food, so ya never go hungry.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
yes I always enjoy reading Robs updates .  I get them all the time Warhawk...if it is ok with Rob i could forward them to you.
Timmay

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
I put the Hawkmeister on the mailing list.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »
Way to go Warhawk.

I have an addiction to Honey Crisp apples, best apples ever.

I also eat turkey on wheat sandwiches a lot.

noodle soups are awesome too (Pho noodle style) but they are high in sodium.

those are the things that I eat when I am craving a fat burger or a pizza.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
THANK U SO MUCH guys....i need all the help i can get.  i will definitely take some of your info in my quest 4 a more healthy lifestyle.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »
Hey Mel. Good for you 2 make a committment to lose some weight. I have been changing my intake considerably too over the last month as well. I have been eating lots of fruits,vegetables,drinking 1 gallon of water per day.

Fish Fish Fish...Eat it...Its very high in Omega 3 and good fats...Dont believe the lies that the meat industry have started by saying eating too much will give you mercury poison..They just want you to eat their red meat and steaks and fried burgers. Being in Florida, you'd have some of the best seafood in America.

Keep us informed on how  you go with your get fit plan  O0
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:11:45 PM by JDog »

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
Hey, Mel, One thing I'm finding is helpful is to eat small healthy snacks every couple of hours.  That way I never feel really hungry and then I eat a smaller, healther meal.  Hopefully this will work for me.

I'm just needing something to give me a kick-start so that I can see the results of my change in eating habits.  I think I'm needing to see some results to keep the motivation going.

Hang in there and keep at it.....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:44 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes....well 2day is the day that i actually ate something that was good 4 bfast.  i had a big, green apple, fat-free yogurt, & a bottled water.  man...i miss my omelettes, bacon, toast, & oj. :'( 

Hey, Warhawk -- you need to add some protein to your breakfast to help keep you feeling satisfied and to prevent loss of muscle mass.  Your body will fight to conserve fat and burn muscle first, which is exactly what you don't want to happen.  You should strive for one portion of lean protein and one portion of complex carbs in each meal.

You can still have your omelets -- use egg whites instead of whole eggs.  An egg white is pure protein and virtually fat-free and about 15 calories.  You could make an omelet with 4 or 5 egg whites, and maybe one yolk for a little flavor, plus whatever else you like to add.  Have a slice of whole grain toast on the side and that can be your carbohydrate portion of the meal.  Or some instant oatmeal instead of the toast (make sure there's no sugar added in the packet).

Canadian bacon is another good source of lean protein.  My favorite breakfast is 3 egg whites fried on the pan and 3 slices of Canadian bacon (3 slices = 70 calories) on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.  Protein and carbs are relatively balanced and total calories come to about 245.

Offline Tucker-54

• TheTucker
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »
go to www.iwantsixpackabs.com

really good workouts/ meal plan......everything, its amazing, and free too.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 08:46:07 PM »
My favorite breakfast meal is a toasted buttered English muffin with American bacon, egg, and 2 tbls of Peanut butter between the eggs.

Total Calories=100.

Total Flavor=100%

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »
JDOG.....Peanut butter and EGGS??????  OK that has to be an aussie thing....cause I have never heard of that over here in the states. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
My favorite breakfast meal is a toasted buttered English muffin with American bacon, egg, and 2 tbls of Peanut butter between the eggs.

Total Calories=100.

Total Flavor=100%

Two tablespoons of peanut butter alone is 190 calories.  And an English muffin is about 130 calories.

Peanut butter on eggs?  How on earth did you ever dream up that concoction?   !*u%e

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »
Didn't you guys get the memo. PB goes with everything.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
Didn't you guys get the memo. PB goes with everything.

Peanut butter is one of my very favorite foods -- so much so that I've had to stop buying it because I was eating way too much.   But it don't go with eggs!   !*u%e