Author Topic: Bald Mens' Books  (Read 13673 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Bald Mens' Books
« on: December 07, 2006, 05:26:33 PM »
I've added some of my favorite books to the Sly Bald Guys' store.

They include:

To be or not be intimidated by Robert Ringer
360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell
You can negotiate anything by Herb Cohen
The magic of thinking BIG by Daniel Swartz
Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt
The Long Tail by Chris Anderson
The Tipping Point and Blink, both by Malcom Gladwell

The Bible is my favorite book.

You can see that I don't read much fiction.

What are your favorite books?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald Mens' Books
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »
my personal #2 book is "The Monkeywrench Gang" by Edward Abbey. like stephen king as well.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »
my favorite, ( or at least, most valuable book has not been written yet.) right Tyler? ;)

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 07:55:43 AM »
This is my kind of post.  Grad school does not leave me much time for anything ... but in the past:

Anything by Stephen Ambrose (Band of Brothers)
All Quiet on the Western Front
Bible
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »
my favorite, ( or at least, most valuable book has not been written yet.) right Tyler? ;)

Exactly!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »
This is my kind of post.  Grad school does not leave me much time for anything ... but in the past:

Anything by Stephen Ambrose (Band of Brothers)

I need to read Band of Brothers some day when I get time to read some fiction.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »
My dad and I have both read and enjoyed it.  He is currently recovering from surgery and unable to get out - I got him the series on DVD.  It is one of the most accurate book to film creations I have seen.  If you have not seen it, do so
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 11:36:08 PM »
My dad and I have both read and enjoyed it.  He is currently recovering from surgery and unable to get out - I got him the series on DVD.  It is one of the most accurate book to film creations I have seen.  If you have not seen it, do so

Thanks!  I've seen bits and pieces of the series, but I will get to watching the whole thing eventually.  What I've seen   I've really enjoyed

I wish your dad the best!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 03:42:17 AM by Tyler »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:57:21 PM »
Thanks bro; you gotta take baby steps before you can walk.  He is able to sit out in the yard for short periods of time now and doing some walking (he had back surgery). 

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 02:11:49 AM »
Most of my reading is not bald related. :(  I do like Davinci Code, Angels and Demons, Ghost Soldiers, Give Us this Day, Black Hawk Down, In the Company of Heros... and yes, I'm going to admit to this in public the Harry Potters
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:57:49 PM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
Well bro, I was not going to mention it but .... HARRY ROCKS.  I have read them all.  It's the inner child in me!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »
Dude my wife, girlfriend at the time, had to force me to watch the first movie.  We won't even talk about reading the book, but once I started I was hooked.  I wish she would hurry up and write the last one already.  >:(>:(
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 06:53:16 PM »
Same here bro - Lot of loose ends to be tied up - if indeed this will be the last book.

BaldRob

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »
Most of my reading is not bald related. :(  I do like Davinci Code, Angels and Demons, Ghost Soldiers, Give Us this Day, Black Hawk Down, In the Company of Heros... and yes, I'm going to admit to this in public the Harry Potters

Angels and Demons ROCKED!!

I mostly read Vince Flynn, John Sanford, Nelson Demille, and Ted Bell... spy or police thrillers!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 08:04:48 PM »
To be or not be intimidated by Robert Ringer
360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell
You can negotiate anything by Herb Cohen
The magic of thinking BIG by Daniel Swartz

Tyler, sounds like you like the success/motivational/positive thinking books....me too!

Have you read any of Norman Vincent Peale's stuff?