Author Topic: fishing.......  (Read 22241 times)

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
Re: fishing.......
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »
I grew up fishing the bar pits , lakes , oxbows and of course the big river in and around Natchez on the MS and LA side and the Gulf  . Now I fish out here in CA mostly saltwater with a little delta and lake fishing from time to time. 

I'm lucky to know a few guys with boats that I go out with fairly regularly..

Red

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »
You bet, as a teacher I live in the U.P. of Michigan during May-August, fish for walleye all day long and troll the bars all night long.  Best walleye, salmon, and northern fishing around. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm.....salmon......the other......I won't say it......gotta keep it clean
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 11:34:38 PM »
You bet, as a teacher I live in the U.P. of Michigan during May-August, fish for walleye all day long and troll the bars all night long.  Best walleye, salmon, and northern fishing around. 

We've taken vacation in the U.P. a couple of times. I love it there, mostly because so few people, as well as the beauty there. Didn't go fishing there but wanted to.

For years where I lived, there was no good fishing anywhere near so I quit. Moved here a couple of years ago and plenty of good lakes around as well as the rivers up near Lake Erie. I took up flyfishing a year ago. With everything frozen this winter, I have taken up flytying as well.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 09:34:59 AM »

We've taken vacation in the U.P. a couple of times. I love it there, mostly because so few people, as well as the beauty there. Didn't go fishing there but wanted to.

For years where I lived, there was no good fishing anywhere near so I quit. Moved here a couple of years ago and plenty of good lakes around as well as the rivers up near Lake Erie. I took up flyfishing a year ago. With everything frozen this winter, I have taken up flytying as well.

Know what you mean ChallengeMe about the beauty, shame you didn't get to fish.  We're planning a pilgrimage to Tony Pacos in Toledo and are going to do some fishing in Lake Erie this late spring, maybe even catch a Mudhens game.  There are some beautiful areas of Ohio too especially in the east.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 01:36:59 PM »
i was talking to noner a few days ago and realized how good i have it for fishing. one of the best fisheries is at my front door (literally) and the gulf is a short 30 minute boat ride away. i have some of the country's best fishing (freshwater and saltwater) at my disposal. yet i bitch when i don't get to go everyweekend. maybe i should just be happy that i actually could fish everyday, to some extent.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 02:32:52 PM »
i was talking to noner a few days ago and realized how good i have it for fishing. one of the best fisheries is at my front door (literally) and the gulf is a short 30 minute boat ride away. i have some of the country's best fishing (freshwater and saltwater) at my disposal. yet i bitch when i don't get to go everyweekend. maybe i should just be happy that i actually could fish everyday, to some extent.

Ditto, while I can't fish every day, i have three straight months of prime fishing time/weather for the north and with my house on the water, its right out my back door.  good to have a reminder how good some of us have it. 

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 03:13:48 AM »
i was talking to noner a few days ago and realized how good i have it for fishing. one of the best fisheries is at my front door (literally) and the gulf is a short 30 minute boat ride away. i have some of the country's best fishing (freshwater and saltwater) at my disposal.

burke...when i lived in La. i didnt realize it either.. SELA is better than SWLA though for fishin..your closer to venice!

i live on the chesapeake bay and its a fantastic fishery also...fishing year round...doormat size flounder,cobia,huge black drum, then you have striper season..and being in a striper blitz is something that will ruin any other fishing for ya lol the water BOILS with fish splashing the surface..kinda like a tuna blitz too....you catch a fish on every cast! after a couple hours of fishin a blitz my forearms are burnt!

when the striper season in the bay ends in december i turn my attention to trophy Catfish on the James river....another fishery that has ruined it for me lol

here's one i caught last winter...35.5lbs and thats a baby on these waters...the Va. state record is 95lbs!! caught on the James river last march.

here's the state record...what a hawg! Catfish Po-boys for everybody!!! :D

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:26:12 AM by Kajun »
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
that looks like some of the fish we have caught in hoop nets. huge.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »
C'mon.....that ain't a fish

That's a whale's p%nis  :D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 08:56:04 AM »
I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that reminded me of Paulie

"I fish, therefore I lie"
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
the gulf is a short 30 minute boat ride away.

don't suppose you need a lodger?!!  :-* :@`
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 11:06:11 AM »

a what?

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »

a what?

haha!! aaaw, crap, forgot you didn't know proper english!!  ;) :P

"a tenant in someone's house "   :px
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »
haha!! aaaw, crap, forgot you didn't know proper english!!  ;) :P

I know "dogging" doesn't that count for something? :o
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995