Author Topic: Your NFL team done? OK, who are you cheering for now?  (Read 7334 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Your NFL team done? OK, who are you cheering for now?
« on: December 31, 2007, 08:12:24 AM »
OK, this question is aimed at fans of teams that did not qualify for the NFL Playoffs. As most of you know, I'm a huge Raider fan, so I knew we weren't going anywhere this year (though huge strides were made in 2007, despite only a two win improvement). I still plan on watching (and betting on) most playoff games. So, if your team is done (I know we have a lot of Bears fans here), who are you cheering for? Cheering against?

I'll go first.....
Go Seahawks! I've got relatives up north and have always liked their team (Hasselbeck SHOULD go sly) and they can put up points. They have just as much of a chance of advancing out of the NFC as anyone. Though Dallas is the strongest NFC team.

With every ounce of fiber in my body, I want the Patriots to lose ASAP. Moss? Hate him. Tom "Tuck Rule" Brady? Loathe him. Belledick? Nice monk look ya' got going there.

A Dallas / New England Super Bowl? Think I'll watch re-runs of the World Series of Poker.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

Re: Your NFL team done? OK, who are you cheering for now?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
You are such a jealous hater!!  Sorry about your Raiderettes looking pathetic this year... again... and again... and again!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:22:21 AM by BaldRob »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »
As a TRUE Bears fan, I will cheer for no one else.  I will however hope the team I bet on wins.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
You are such a jealous hater!!  Sorry about your Raiderettes looking pathetic this year... again... and again... and again!

The darkest days are behind us, dude.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:45:33 AM »
Go Cowboys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
As a long suffering Browns fan, even in winning yesterday, had to wait to watch the Titans beat Indy to know they blew their chance for the playoffs. So, who an I cheering for now?

THE Ohio State Buckeyes of course!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 11:34:40 AM »
DA 'BOYS!!!  Even though any high school team could have beat them yesterday.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »
As a long suffering Browns fan, even in winning yesterday, had to wait to watch the Titans beat Indy to know they blew their chance for the playoffs. So, who an I cheering for now?

THE Ohio State Buckeyes of course!

i should buy stock in KLEENEX. looks like a WHOLE LOT of ohiHO state  fans are gonna need something to wipe away the tears.GEAUX TIGERS!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »
Schro, I think my Chiefs are battling your Raiders for the cellar.  I don't know if we've hit bottom yet, but the feeling in KC is that something had better change... and sooner rather than later.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »
My son is a Cowboys fan so that is where I am at.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
My Detroit Lions were destined for a playoff spot. But then they lost 6 games in a row.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »
Well, I'm a Titans fan, and we hobbled into the playoffs... barely.  So, next week when we (likely) lose at San Diego, I'm not sure who I'll be pulling for.  Probably the Patriots-Cowboys SB matchup - that would likely make for the best game to watch.  Since my brother is a diehard 'Boys fan, I guess I'll pull for them?

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 10:13:12 PM »
Schro, I think my Chiefs are battling your Raiders for the cellar.  I don't know if we've hit bottom yet, but the feeling in KC is that something had better change... and sooner rather than later.

Hey, we're in a coin flip with Atl (pretty sad) for the 3, 4 & 5 draft position. Good luck to ya, Rick.
Outside of two road games, the Raiders were competitive in most games and the "D" gave away a 4th quarter lead in 5 games. Not saying we were even an "average" team, but we're clearly headed in the right direction. It's the first time in many years I can make that statement.

Go Seahawks!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 09:20:32 AM »

Hey, we're in a coin flip with Atl (pretty sad) for the 3, 4 & 5 draft position. Good luck to ya, Rick.
Outside of two road games, the Raiders were competitive in most games and the "D" gave away a 4th quarter lead in 5 games. Not saying we were even an "average" team, but we're clearly headed in the right direction. It's the first time in many years I can make that statement.

Go Seahawks!

At least you're headed in the right direction.  The word in the news yesterday was that Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards were both staying for next year.  It looks like the same old thing again for next year. :Xo!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Kyfho

• Above all...remember K.y.f.h.o.
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »
As a TRUE Bears fan, I will cheer for no one else.

Amen brother...I can't bring myself to cheer for anyone else.

Although I must admit I have more than a passing admiration for our evil rival's head man.  Favre is one guy I can't bring myself to root against (unless he's playing against my monsters).

Also, anyone who can put a hurt on the Pats will get a positive vote in my book.