Author Topic: Marshall's fitness goal  (Read 66020 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Marshall's fitness goal
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
I know I have not posted here for awhile.  I have fallen off the wagon and had not been to the gym since Feb.  I also have gained 7 pounds.  That was a wake up call!  I just happened to wake up at 3:30 this morning.  With that, I headed to the gym.  I had also been eating junk.  I am quitting that habit and only do it sparingly.  My blood glucose numbers have still been good thankfully.  But I am NOT giving up!  I will keep you posted!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »
I know I have not posted here for awhile.  I have fallen off the wagon and had not been to the gym since Feb.  I also have gained 7 pounds.  That was a wake up call!  I just happened to wake up at 3:30 this morning.  With that, I headed to the gym.  I had also been eating junk.  I am quitting that habit and only do it sparingly.  My blood glucose numbers have still been good thankfully.  But I am NOT giving up!  I will keep you posted!

Have you been under extra stress,not had alternatives or just gotten used to numbers over 100?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »

But I am NOT giving up!  I will keep you posted!

That's the important thing.  We all fall off the wagon from time to time.  The important thing is to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get going again and not backslide completely to where you were when you began.  Hang in there, you can do it.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
Not to worry, marsh! A little straying from the path here and there isn't a big deal as long as your eyes are still on the prize!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
My numbers have been in the 90's to low 100's.  But there had been some stress with work and finances.  Things are better on that.  But I admit that food is a comfort to me much like alcohol, drugs and tobacco are comforts to some.  I am a food addict and I know that.  But I appreciate all the support guys.  Eventually you are going to see a thinner sly Marsh here!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
My numbers have been in the 90's to low 100's.  But there had been some stress with work and finances.  Things are better on that.  But I admit that food is a comfort to me much like alcohol, drugs and tobacco are comforts to some.  I am a food addict and I know that.  But I appreciate all the support guys.  Eventually you are going to see a thinner sly Marsh here!

Way to stay the course, buddy....bear is spot on....a little straying is inevitable...just keep on keepin on, brutha!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
  Eventually you are going to see a thinner sly Marsh here!

We don't doubt that, it's just we're anxious to see you see yourself succeed in this, that's important to us. 

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
       I know lots of people who were big and husky that have slimmed way down . . "They look terrible now"-- thin with loose skin..............Dont over do it ......
       Heck , I think your lookin good in your avatar.................. b!@h

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
       I know lots of people who were big and husky that have slimmed way down . . "They look terrible now"-- thin with loose skin..............Dont over do it ......
       Heck , I think your lookin good in your avatar.................. b!@h

This isn't about looks; it's about Marsh's health, getting his diabetes under control and getting down to a healthy weight.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:53 AM »
We all fall off the wagon Marsh. I am a "food addict" as well'. If that is your fasting blood sugar than you are doing well. What was your last A1C.?

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
That is my fasting numbers.  My last A1C I think was in Feb.  I have another next Monday.  I am doing it for my health, to answer another person.  I want to at least get down to 180 but hopefully 165.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »
T  My last A1C I think was in Feb.  I have another next Monday.   I want to at least get down to 180 but hopefully 165.
Just remember A1C is the "look back" so it responds more slowly to your new healthy life style.  Damn, you're soon going to be pushing me :D, I cannot get below 201 for anything--sewing my lips shut has passed my mind.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
I want to at least get down to 180 but hopefully 165.

When I was referring to the above, I was talking about my weight!  OOPS! :)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
Well, I have started losing weight again.  I quickly lost 4 pounds.  Was 221 now I am 217.  So perhaps I was bloated and "things' had not worked through the system yet!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »
Good stuff, marsh!

One thing to be sure is to not go crazy with "spot weighing". It will drive you nuts.

I weigh myself once a week, every Saturday morning at the same time and under the same circumstances. That's the only way to get an accurate reading of the trend.

Just for curiosity, I've weighed myself at other times and have noticed that there can be fluctuations of up to plus/minus 5 pounds over just a few hours! Depends on when/what you've eaten. how much water you've drunk (water is heavy!), and even if you need to go to the bathroom or not.

So never get caught up in obsessing over the number on the scale unless is trending upward consistently.

And do give a lot of consideration to how you feel. I know that for me, I can tell when things are starting to tilt the wrong way and know that it's time to "be good" without having to even step on the scale.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:50:43 PM by bootedbear »