Author Topic: Marshall's fitness goal  (Read 64596 times)

JohnMont

Re: Marshall's fitness goal
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »

keep it up, brother !  No backsliding !   

Slow and steady is the key.  Portion control also is amazing; seemingly a 'no brainer' but once you apply it, it can be revolutionary.

from my end ; I lost 8 pounds during a period of 'enforced manual labor'   I was refinishing a hard wood floor (lots and lots of sanding, scraping); and small quick lunch breaks.  Amazing what a little work will do for sedentary types like me.   Also; I have been cutting down on FATS   (toast, no butter/margarine in the morning for example) ....    I've tried this before, and it really works.

jusbnme

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 01:00:59 PM »
Keep at it Marsh. Good luck.  O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
I am learning about portion control.  The other day, my boss brought in pizza for us to eat.   
I usually have 3 or 4 slices at a sitting.  But I had already packed a lunch so I had my salad but not my soup.  I had ONE slice of pizza.  I ended up taking more slices but with the intention of eating them over a period of several days.  So I supplemented my food budget but supplemented each slice of pizza with salad and fruit.  I even ended up losing weight even while eating pizza.  Again, I have also  been exercising.

And also, eat the salad first so you're not completely empty when you start on the pizza.  That will make it easier to resist the next slice that's calling out to you.   Keep up the good work!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 12:48:20 PM »
I am learning about portion control.  The other day, my boss brought in pizza for us to eat.   
I usually have 3 or 4 slices at a sitting.  But I had already packed a lunch so I had my salad but not my soup.  I had ONE slice of pizza.  I ended up taking more slices but with the intention of eating them over a period of several days.  So I supplemented my food budget but supplemented each slice of pizza with salad and fruit.  I even ended up losing weight even while eating pizza.  Again, I have also  been exercising.

Hey, really if you're gonna stick to it for life...you HAVE to eat the foos you love....

portion control and the frequency is key...you sound like you're doing great for yourself...keep it up brutha!

I'm trying to lose the belly fat....it's a tough one, but chislin' away slowly is better than nothin'!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
Well, here is another update!  I am happy to say that I have lost 18 lbs.  I had hit the plateau and was stuck at the 15 lb mark.  But as of this morning I was 227 lbs.  I had been 245.  I am NOT giving up!  I am still going to the gym too.  I have also heard that the best weight loss is a slow one.  But as long as I am still losing, I am happy!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 08:02:01 AM »
Well, here is another update!  I am happy to say that I have lost 18 lbs.  I had hit the plateau and was stuck at the 15 lb mark.  But as of this morning I was 227 lbs.  I had been 245.  I am NOT giving up!  I am still going to the gym too.  I have also heard that the best weight loss is a slow one.  But as long as I am still losing, I am happy!

WAY TA GO, BRUTHA !!!  O0

I know that is an awesome feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.!!!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »
Well,

It is time for another update.    :(

Since I last posted, I had fallen off the wagon....AGAIN!  I keep wanting to eat bad stuff.  I also graze at the fridge.  But lately I am trying to make a change again.  I was down to 227.  I had ballooned up to 246.  As of this morning I am 236.  To be honest, I have been feeling like crap.  Also one of my sly buddies (not yet part of our group), now weighs less than me.  He has always weighed more.  So I am trying to exercise portion control.  Eat less crap and I have been to the gym twice so far this week! So there you have it!

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »
Good luck, Marsh!  You'll get where you want, soon enough.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
Good luck to you bro, I know how hard it is to lose it and it's even harder to keep it off. I have been dieting and exercising again myself since spring....I have been as heavy as around 220 and this spring when I started I was around 205. I am now down to around 181 and want to hit my goal of 170 but it's a tough road....anyway....best of luck and I'm rooting for ya.... O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
It has been a few months since I have posted in this part of SBG.  As you know, FOOD is a MAJOR issue for me.  I am a Yo Yo, which is NOT good.  I have made some progress again after getting back up to 240.  I am now down to 230 from 240 at the beginning of January.  The first 5 pounds came off because I have been watching my diet.  But the next 5 pounds came off because of the flu.  Thankfully it is not stomach flu.  But I have not been hungry.  But it is NOT a weight loss program I would recommend.  Additionally, it hurts to eat some things since I get fever blisters and canker sores after getting a decent fever.

Let me also add this (so you can all feel sorry for me!!!  hehehehe), I got sick 300 miles from home while I was coming back from my trip to Montana.  So from Idaho, I had bouts of fever and chills while driving.  So I had to use the heater, then use the air conditioner.  Remember, this is February!  Anyway,  I am somewhat better and not very hungry.  I am glad for the weight loss.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »
Well, here I am again telling you about my weight loss.  I do remember a couple of months ago that there was some kind of weight/fitness challenge.  But I can't find it.  Since my last posting here, I had gotten back up to 245.  But since September I have been slowly losing weight.  I have been to the gym a tiny bit.  But it has mostly been just monitoring my what I eat.  As of today, I have lost 12 lbs.  I am down to 233 lbs.  At this point, I don't care if it is slow.  Just so it doesn't go back in the up direction.  I do have a major victory to report.  On Friday they had free BBQ at work.  I ate some of it, but I did not go overboard or go back for seconds.  Then I went to a church related Thanksgiving dinner.  I ate until I was satisfied but not stuffed.  I ate slowly so my brain knew that it was full!  Anyway, the battle continues!

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »
We're in this one together.  In two month, I managed to loose 4 lbs., so I'm down from 239 to 235 in a little under two months.  I was doing this wt loss contest at our gym, and my personal trainer was saying that even if I don't do any exercise, I can loose weight simply by being really careful about portion sizes.  I was allowed to eat anything that I want within certain calorie perimeters.  I am to eat about every 2 hrs.  Meals are to be no more than 400 cals. total, and snacks should be around 150 to 200 cals.  By being extremely careful, I did loose weight, and plan on continuing until I'm down to aroud 200 lbs.  Now I just have to hope that I'll still be able to get into my kilt after I've lost weight.  Otherwise, I'll have to head to Seattle to buy another one.
Attitude is everything!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
Well, as some of you know, I have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.  I had created a post called, Diabetic Sly Guys.  On that post, Saintc challenged me to not just HOPE to exercise but to DO it.  He kind of spanked my hiney on that one.  Anyway, I just wanted to update you all on how it is going. 

As of this morning, I have lost my 18th pound since September.  I also went to the doctor last Monday and the aide brought out a goal sheet for me to fill out.  There were several goals.  But because doing several goals can be overwhelming, they only wanted me to just set one goal at that time.  So I did a exercise goal.  That was to do some kind of exercise at least 4 times a week.  That can be going to the gym, walking, swimming or bike riding.  Anyway, I just wanted to say that, I acheived my goal for last week.  I am determined to do it again this week.  I honestly believe that doing the exercise got me off the plateau I was on!

I am going to have to post a pic of me...not just my face, before I started losing weight soon.  Occasionally I will post progress pictures!  My goal is to ultimately be down to about 165 lbs. by the end of the year.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »
On that post, Saintc challenged me to not just HOPE to exercise but to DO it. 

Sounds like you heard the message, keep moving, keep moving, what you don't put in your mouth counts as much as what you do.  Marsh1000, if you think I'm going to give you any easy pass into full blown T2, check this, NEVER.
Saintc.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
Good luck, Marsh! Keep us posted.  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell