Author Topic: Marshall's fitness goal  (Read 61907 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Marshall's fitness goal
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »
Diet can make a fair difference just by itself.  I'm not saying it is the end all, but just keep your chin up, bro.  You'll get er done. :D
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »
  Too bad that there aren't any of you in Seattle to work out with!  But I am lousy at time management.  That is the biggest problem in terms of my not working out.  But I am not giving up!

That is one of the reasons I signed up with a personal trainer -- to have someone who would force me to push myself harder, and also because I knew that if I'd made a fairly substantial financial investment and had already had a standing appointment with someone, then I wouldn't just blow off going to the gym.   Might be something you could try.  Even if you did it on a short-term basis, it could help you get into the habit of going to the gym, and the trainer can also help you find the best routine to meet your goals.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 08:54:05 AM »
  Too bad that there aren't any of you in Seattle to work out with!  But I am lousy at time management.  That is the biggest problem in terms of my not working out.  But I am not giving up!

That is one of the reasons I signed up with a personal trainer -- to have someone who would force me to push myself harder, and also because I knew that if I'd made a fairly substantial financial investment and had already had a standing appointment with someone, then I wouldn't just blow off going to the gym.   Might be something you could try.  Even if you did it on a short-term basis, it could help you get into the habit of going to the gym, and the trainer can also help you find the best routine to meet your goals.

Makes a huge difference when you are responsible to someone else and you are expected to show up. Investing the cash doesn't hurt either!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
Since it is Feb 1, I thought you would like an update on me.  I have lost 4 lbs.  I had wanted to lose 5 but I am a little bit more encouraged.  I still haven't started the consistant exercising, but I am sure it will come off eaiser when that is added!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 03:25:50 PM »
Congrats Marsh!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »
Hey, man...

those 4 - 5lbs losses add up quicker than you think.

do that just 4 more times and that's 16 - 20 lbs, bro!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
Slow progress is sometimes better than fast progress when it comes to weight loss.  The slower it comes off the more likely you will keep it off.  Congrats, Mash!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Jeremy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »
They say you should aim to lose 1 pound a week if you plan on keeping it off, if you start losing a whole lot more then much of it is water weight.  So 4 pounds in a month is good.  Also, if you are still having trouble with your legs, doing a workout on a stationary bike or an elliptical would be really good.  As someone already said it is very low impact on the legs and still gives a great cardio workout.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 12:27:55 AM »
Well, I should say that I had been on a plateau.  But the plateau is now over.  As of today (the 11th of March), I have lost 9 lbs.  I have also started exercising more regularly by going to the gym and going swimming.  So hopefully I will be slim and sly by the end of the year!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 12:48:52 AM »
Well, I should say that I had been on a plateau.  But the plateau is now over.  As of today (the 11th of March), I have lost 9 lbs.  I have also started exercising more regularly by going to the gym and going swimming.  So hopefully I will be slim and sly by the end of the year!

Way to go Marsh!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 01:29:18 AM »
congrats..keep at it marsh...that swimmin is great exercise...works just about every muscle in your body...
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 06:17:56 AM »
Good Job, Marsh!!!

Slow and steady wins the race O0

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »
Well, I lost another pound!  So now I have lost 10 lbs!!!!!!!!  I am now 211 lbs.  So I was 221, obviously.  Back in 2002, I was actually 240!  I have gradually lost that weight in a earlier weight loss challenge with my boss.  But I am getting more encouraged now.  I can't wait to crack the 200 lb barrier.  Also my firefighter cousin goes to the same 24 Hr Fitness that I go to.  So we are going to try to meet up before he heads into work.  Also another friend (who is also sly) is going to try to hook up with me and go lap swimming.  So now I am getting some fitness partners!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
Just a quick update.  I have been going to the gym.  I still am not as consistant as I want to be but I am getting there more.  I am also just watching what I eat or how much.  So as of today 4-1-07, I have lost 11.  But I am encouraged,  I know slow weight loss is better!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
Way to go man, keep it up O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost