Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?

Always
36 (44.4%)
It Depends
45 (55.6%)
Never
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?  (Read 76802 times)

Will

Re: Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:48 AM »
I'm retired and wife still working....I do all the house work now.... :D

I think that may be why I really don't mind doing things around the house.  I'm still a stay at home dad and my wife works.  So I take care of our son while getting things done around the house everyday. 

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »

Me too......BUT I can't clean to my wife's standards so she still does her white glove cleaning on the weekend while i watch Football, Nascar, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Hockey, Badmitten, Female Mud Wrestling, MMA, Hooter's Girl Calendar Shoot, Etc. Etc....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 02:13:05 PM »
I voted "It Depends" because not every bald guy is sly!  ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
It depends upon whether or not they really want to...  ...its their choice. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »

Perfect words on this topic!

BTW nice new avy...but you know you're hidin' the most important feature round' these parts! ;)

Stay smooth brother!

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »

Perfect words on this topic!

BTW nice new avy...but you know you're hidin' the most important feature round' these parts! ;)

Stay smooth brother!

Exactly! 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Sorry Andre... it's flippen cold here!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »

Me too......BUT I can't clean to my wife's standards so she still does her white glove cleaning on the weekend while i watch Football, Nascar, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Hockey, Badmitten, Female Mud Wrestling, MMA, Hooter's Girl Calendar Shoot, Etc. Etc....

LOL.....you can't clean to her standards or you just DON'T......   O:O

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 08:31:24 AM »

I think I clean to any reasonable person's standards. Example: My wife made me take down the Vent Hood over the oven so she could clean the back of it (the part that is against the wall). In my book, that's unreasonable.

LOL.....you can't clean to her standards or you just DON'T......   O:O
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »

I think I clean to any reasonable person's standards. Example: My wife made me take down the Vent Hood over the oven so she could clean the back of it (the part that is against the wall). In my book, that's unreasonable.

LOL.....you can't clean to her standards or you just DON'T......   O:O

I guess that would be a little unreasonable bro....lol.... O0

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »
I wouldn't try to force my opinion on anyone (even if they're wrong, and I'm right, which is usually :P) So I wouldn't say anybody should shave their head. HOWEVER - as I look back on my short time here on SBG's, and the before and after pics I have seen posted up - in every instance, the person looks 5-10 years younger when they go with the slick noggin. Who wouldn't want that?! O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

True words from the Sarge. In my line of work I see plenty of bald guys all day.
Not all of them are sly, in our terms. Many of them seem to have resigned to the fact that this is what mother nature dealt them and they are going to go with it. Which is absolutely fine.

Now, you will also see the guys who have plenty of attitiude of a different kind, like, "check me out, I'm the s**it". These are usually guys who have jumped on the ufc bandwagon, and consider it the cool, tough look for now. 

Just like there are all kinds of people from all walks of life, there are going to be different types of guys who have shaved their heads. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:11:49 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
There are two questions here in actuality, first, as a matter of appearance, should a man w/ MPB shave? and second, as a matter of fact should every man shave in response to MPB? 
Regarding appearance, in my opinion, I don't know of any man w/ profound MPB that doesn't look better shaved, and for those w/ active advancing MPB, i.e. wisps and memories on top, or worse islands remaining while the rest of the hairline has gone to the back, it's just not even a question.  For a time during the mpb process some guys look okay w/ a short cut or buzz--but it is a passing time and will ultimately lead to the point where for appearance sake shaving is important to restore appearance.  My view of this was validated recently at a party when a friend of my wife who is a portrait artist and hence really into the appearance of the face and head of her subjects agreed that every MPB man should shave as a matter of improving his appearance. 
Regarding the fact of shaving, that is where "it depends" is accurate because no matter what area of personal appearance we're talking about, the man has to be comfortable doing it, even if the cost in appearance is negative.  So, I bite my tongue when I see some poor balding guy walking down the street, but if they ask me about shaving, and unfortunately that's extremely rare, I am as helpful as I can be getting them to what I know to be a good and comfortable Sly Place. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 07:24:31 PM »
I realized I never answered my own question.  I'd say that it depends on their comfort level with their current style.  If they live a confident life, then no they don't need to shave.  If a guy is struggling with confidence, then yes, he should give shaving it a try.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.