Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?

Always
36 (44.4%)
It Depends
45 (55.6%)
Never
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?  (Read 76801 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Should Balding Men Shave Their Heads?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 04:15:24 AM »
Amen to that ChallengeMe and all the rest.  You have to do what is best for you. You have to be comfortable with your choices in life.  Like many I'm BBC and not because it is "cool" but because I just like being slick, it has now become part of who I am.  Shave or don't shave but do it because it is who you are.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 09:47:48 PM »
I have always thought that bald or balding men should at least try shaving their heads.  Heck, that's what prompted me to try it, knowing my family genetics.  If you don't like it, it grows back fast!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
Now I am not one of those who lost it, I still have the capability to grow a full Fro if I wanted to... Thats the thing, "IF I WANTED TO" Is the key to that sentence.  I agree with Marshd1000 on this one, that every Balding man, once they are working the widows peak ought to give it a try, what have you got to loose  O:O?  Make a imformed decision on either or not to keep the look going afterwards.  I just think that it is always a major improvement over the Combover and the Drastic Widows Peak (usually accompanied with tremendously thin hair every where else). 
Peace

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »
Considering what most going bald guys try to do shaving is much more preferable.

HoodooMan

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »
cheers to BaldRob, i think he wins the award for the most intelligent, thoughtful, respectful and all-encompassing answer for who should shave their head. i respect that

Offline Maltz

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »
I'm with Rob on this one too.  Losing my hair really didn't bother me much.  I just started buzzing it because I thought it looked better that way, and I went on about my business.  Though now that I'm smooth, that's the way it's gonna stay.   8)

Perhaps a better way to ask the question would be:  Should men who uncomfortable about losing their hair shave their head?

To that I say, YES!  Try it on for size and see how it feels.  Compared to the other "solutions", it's completely reversible and has virtually no side effects.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »
:D :D Every balding man is facing a losing, demoralizing, and irreversible situation. Shaving one's head makes more than a fashion statement; it says "I run my life." Another point must be made in this feminized era: it provides an adult role model for all those young guys genetically programmed to lose  their hair and  who don't have a father-figure with whom to identity. An appreciation of the bare human skull needs to be developed. As RozorX remarked in an earlier thread, most men actually look better bald. Hollywood conceptions of masculinity are both feminized and unrealistic. To use a term coined by the Governator, "girly" men are not bald. I'll take Bruce Willis or Saint Ignatius Loyola over Fabio any day. We as Americans are enjoying unprecedented longevity; it is inevitable that we shall see more baldness as we age from the 20s through the 80s. Increasingly, having a full head of hair will be seen as an adolescent or feminine phenomenon. I congratulate all those guys with hair who choose to adopt the sly bald persona. Professor Melon
O0 O0
I agree with your comments about the feminization of society. Many male role models wear make-up and wouldn't know how to change a tire. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
First of all I don't know how to change a tire and if I occasionally get dark circles under my eyes I use cover stick.Do these 2 things make me effeminate.In fact I know women who are good at changing tires.Does that make them masculine!You can't stereotype everybody into certain roles just because of their gender.I love to wash dishes and I hate sports.Does that make me a woman!The trouble with society is that if you're a certain gender you have to be a certain way.I look very masculine and am no less a man because I have different interests than the stereotypical man.

And trust me,I bet a lot of macho men would love to try other things too but wouldn't dare because of their insecure macho image.I also agree with BaldRob,just because a man dosen't shave his full head of hair dosen't make him less of a man.It dosen't pay to be an extremist with opinions.Everybody is different.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 11:49:00 PM »
You should learn how to change a tire(male or female, upon the age of driving).  Your life could depend on it, and at the very least you'll have to pay someone else a ton of money to do it. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Will

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 04:58:40 AM »
I totally agree with BaldRob about what he said and I voted "depends."  Because there are a lot of guys that can still carry off a good look even if they are thinning.  I think it depends on different factors.  For example, I've seen some guys out that were really thinning but they had a good looking beard so it was like a you almost couldn't didn't even notice their hair was thinning at all. 

But even that doesn't matter.  It all comes back to confidence like Baldrob was saying.  If you are happy with you and carry yourself in a confident manner I don't believe anyone would even pay the slightest attention to you being bald or not.  Or thinning or not.  Just like some real good actors that are really thinning.  I don't even notice it half the time when I'm watching their movies because they are so good at what they do or they carry themselves so well.  My step-dad had very thinning hair but I rarely even notice because he doesn't dwell on it or let it bother him.  He's fine with it and never speaks of it.  He is always confident and carries himself so. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »
I love to wash dishes and I hate sports.Does that make me a woman!

No, it makes you a member of an extremely small minority.  I don't think I've ever heard anybody - male or female -- say that they love to wash dishes.  What's to love about it?    ???

Will

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »
First of all I don't know how to change a tire and if I occasionally get dark circles under my eyes I use cover stick.Do these 2 things make me effeminate.In fact I know women who are good at changing tires.Does that make them masculine!You can't stereotype everybody into certain roles just because of their gender.I love to wash dishes and I hate sports.Does that make me a woman!The trouble with society is that if you're a certain gender you have to be a certain way.I look very masculine and am no less a man because I have different interests than the stereotypical man.

And trust me,I bet a lot of macho men would love to try other things too but wouldn't dare because of their insecure macho image.I also agree with BaldRob,just because a man dosen't shave his full head of hair dosen't make him less of a man.It dosen't pay to be an extremist with opinions.Everybody is different.

I'm glad I caught this one bro.  I totally agree with you here about what you just said in this entire post.  Even if it did get off topic a bit.  :*))  But seriously, I'm glad it did.  I don't know why but I don't mind doing dishes either.   :-\  No comments Razor.  LOL.  :*))  And I'm really not into sports much at all.  I mean, I'll watch football every now and then especially around playoff time.  But I don't know the stats of every team and every single player on every team.  For the most part they bore the hell out of me.  Maybe I've just got A.D.D. or something.  LOL.  ;D  Naw, I think it has something to do with what Don just said.  Just because I'm a guy I don't have to watch sports, work on a car, or do whatever it is "guys" are supposed to do.  That's another thing.  I HATE working on a car.  I would rather go broke and pay someone to fix my car than to even think about working on it.  All this stuff doesn't make me any less of a man.  Well, in my non-stereotypical opinion at least.  I've seen it time and time again.  Guys acting a certain way or doing certain things to just be...a "guy."  To be honest, I think my "out of the norm" way of being a different kind of guy is what makes my marriage so great.  Shoot, if I was all into sports and working on cars all the time my wife would be up my butt about our time together.   ;D

Wait....I think I just hijack the heck out of this thread.  ??? :-\

Oh, here we go.  And that's why all balding men do not have to shave their heads.   ;D 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:23:22 PM by Lance »

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
Thank you so much for seeing my point Lance.At least you try to see where the other person is coming from.

And to Razor,the reason I like doing dishes is because I like the scent of the dish detergent ,I like the way the suds feels,it's relaxing and I feel like I'm accomplishing something by cleaning up.

Will

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »
Don bro.  I think Razor was just joking around a little bit.  Don't take too much offense man.  We're all cool here.   O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 03:46:43 AM »
I'm retired and wife still working....I do all the house work now.... :D

Enter your email address: