Author Topic: Tyler's Fitness Goal  (Read 31760 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Tyler's Fitness Goal
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »
It's been awhile since an update, but the quest to lean and mean is still on.  I've been very consistant the last 6 weeks and it's really starting to pay off.  I found that I was taking in too many calories, so I started cutting them back last week.  I've already dropped 5 pounds and 1 inch off my belly since doing that.  Best of all, my muscle tone is really starting to show in my arms, legs, and jaw line.

My wife's friend married Curtis McGovert, Mr. California 2003, and after talking to him yesterday I found out that he has his own gym and does personal training.  I'm thinking of working with him for a couple of months to change things up and put the fat loss into overdrive.

He happens to be Sly.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2007, 06:49:02 PM »
Keep up the good work, Tyler.  If you can afford to use the personal trainer, then that is definitely the way to go.  It's helped me out a lot.  It's a great help to have someone show you what you need to do to meet your goals, and how to do it properly.  A lot of people can work out really hard, but because they may be inadvertently doing the exercises/lifting incorrectly, they aren't getting the maximum benefit and aren't seeing the results.

I am almost where I'd like to be, but I can't seem to trim down at the waistline.  If I could just lose the love handles, I'd be fine.  I'm getting there, but it's painfully slow.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 03:05:59 AM »
Thanks Razor!  I'm weighing the costs right now, but he has really reasonable rates for someone of his stature in the industry.  Actually, it's the same that 24Hr charges here.  I've been doing a variation of my routine for several months now and need to find a new routine, so I think he can help me mix it up a bit. 

I've lost my love handles on the side, but I can't get rid of the gut up front.  I know it will take some time. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

spaceape48

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »
I've been doing a variation of my routine for several months now and need to find a new routine, so I think he can help me mix it up a bit. 

What kind of a routine are you using for weights right now just out of curiousity? Hows about cardio? I usually focus on either the entire upper body w/ one workout per area, or the same thing for the legs. Read some good stuff about it a while back. I've been having some good results with it too. It does get a bit repetative though so I'm looking for something to mix it up.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
I've been doing a variation of my routine for several months now and need to find a new routine, so I think he can help me mix it up a bit. 

What kind of a routine are you using for weights right now just out of curiousity? Hows about cardio? I usually focus on either the entire upper body w/ one workout per area, or the same thing for the legs. Read some good stuff about it a while back. I've been having some good results with it too. It does get a bit repetative though so I'm looking for something to mix it up.

I do a full body circuit routine that focuses on the major muscle groups, especially the legs.  I like it because it's like doing cardio and weight lifting at the same time.  I can get my heart rate up to 150 bpm while doing the workout.   I do this three days a week.  Then on the off days, I do cardio, but I mix it up as I'm doing it.  So, if I'm on the tread mill, I set up the interval training to constantly change the speed and incline.  This way you body is constantly adjusting.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »

I've lost my love handles on the side, but I can't get rid of the gut up front.  I know it will take some time. 

Just the opposite for me.  Maybe between the two of us we can piece together one reasonably decent body.    O0

Offline Jeremy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »
hey Tyler,

I read your opening post and saw that you said you are following the Abs Diet.  I just wanted to say that several of the runners on my cross country team (I run D1 cross country) follow that diet.  They are pretty cut and say the diet is great and fairly easy to follow.  So it seems like your diet choice is fairly legit. 

Keep up the good work!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2007, 11:16:48 PM »
hey Tyler,

I read your opening post and saw that you said you are following the Abs Diet.  I just wanted to say that several of the runners on my cross country team (I run D1 cross country) follow that diet.  They are pretty cut and say the diet is great and fairly easy to follow.  So it seems like your diet choice is fairly legit. 

Keep up the good work!

Thanks buddy!  It appears to be working out for me as well.  I recently made a change to follow the diet more closely and it's paying off.  I decided to remove cheese from my diet.  This was actually what I gave up for Lent, but it's been working great.

Enter your email address: