Author Topic: Jergens Natural Glow Lotion  (Read 32246 times)

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
Jergens Natural Glow Lotion
« on: December 21, 2007, 06:06:29 AM »
Hey guys, I bought some of this last night and started using it and thought I'd share the results with you.  I'll take pictures along the way and document my progress of trying to take this powder white head down to something with a little color!!

It says it will take 3-4 days for the gradual darkening to begin, so we'll see.  I'm not looking for a miracle, just a little darker and blended better would make me happy.  I'll post a good picture of the top of my head tonight so you can see where I'm starting.

http://www.jergens.com/Our_Collection/Product_Detail.asp?ProductID=8

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Jergens Natural Glow Lotion
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 06:53:55 AM »
Thanks for the review Chris.  Keep us updated on how well it works.  A lot of first time shavers will be interested in the results
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:44:47 AM »
YES NCBLUE...that was the stuff I was talking about last night in one of my post.  Its a lotion and it will gradually tone your skin color.  Unlike the sunless tanning lotions that turn your head or skin orange.  This is the same stuff my wife uses in the winter time and I though hey why not start using it on my noggin. Right on bro..im with you on this one. Cause I started it last night too.  But only one suggestion...I dont think I will put it on my noggin right after I shave.  It seems to burn a little when i put it on.  I think it was because your pores are wide open.  I will put some more on midday ....just a suggestion I dunno.  Keep us posted NC....and I will do the same.  See y'all

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:51:59 AM »
It does burn!  I did apply it right after I shaved this morning and it stung pretty good, but it went away fast and then felt pretty good.

I'll take your advice and apply it later on.  What's good to put on the head right after shaving?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:55:52 AM »
clear aloe vera gel kept in the fridge is what i use. 

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »
It does burn!  I did apply it right after I shaved this morning and it stung pretty good, but it went away fast and then felt pretty good. I'll take your advice and apply it later on. 
What's good to put on the head right after shaving?
Welcome to the forum ncblue,
I use Mennen Afta Clear, After Shave Skin Conditioner. At $2.45, it's inexpensive, and soothes scalp burn caused by headshaving. It conditions, relieves dryness and replaces natural oils. It absorbs quickly into the scalp and leaves it feeling smooth, refreshed and shiny too.

I'll have to give the Jergen's product a try. My dome can use some color this time of the year. I stopped using other products because of the un-natural orange color they gave my dome. Thanks for mentioning the Jergen's.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »
Aloe vera gel in the fridge? Are you sure thatz all you're using to get that 'shine'?  :-\

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »
Aloe vera gel in the fridge? Are you sure thatz all you're using to get that 'shine'?  :-\

That is all I use.  Its in a big bottle...with a pump on the top and I just open up the door ....take one hit...rub it in and off I go.  I only use it once a day...and taht is on my way out the door going to work. 

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »
That is all I use.  Its in a big bottle...with a pump on the top and I just open up the door ....take one hit...rub it in and off I go.  I only use it once a day...and taht is on my way out the door going to work. 

I've used Aloe Vera products after bad sunburns on the beach.
I've never used it on my head. 
Makes a lot of sense, since aloe vera has soothing properties.

....and the extra bonus, that blinding "shine"! O0
You use it once a day, but does the "shine" last all day?

Got to get some of that stuff and that awesome "lighthouse" glow.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:49:03 AM »
Yelp the shine last all day long.  I am constantly getting comments on what type of buffer I use.  Usually I get this later at night...especially on Friday nights at the local basketball games.  It will have been 12 hours later..and the noggin is still shinning...Hell a bottle of that will last for ever....I have a 24 oz bottle in the fridge and it only cost me like 3 bucks..Banana Boat I believe is the brand of it....but any off brand will work to if it is 100% pure aloe. 

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
Here are some day 1 pictures showing my white head...

I applied the lotion 3 times yesterday and will do that again today - morning, mid afternoon and at night.

Today is day two and I don't see any changes, although the package clearly states it takes 3-4 days for your skin to begin getting darker and a week for the full effect.  Being this gradual is probably the best thing, actually.

I'll take more pics tonight at the end of day 2.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the close up scraped dome shots...looks awesome..you're diggin the whole bald head thing, huh?

just be patient on the head color thing ...my wife still refers to my first razor shave as the "blue period"..not too pretty at first ..

but shortly after a truly bald skinned head...perfect...

just hold tight bro..and keep shavin it clean...the rest will catch up! O0

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »
I use HB HeadLube glossy as aftershave, feels good!

BTW the shaved dome looks very good, NC!

J

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 04:14:03 PM »
Day 3 pic -

I tried to duplicate the lighting from day 1.  I skipped day 2 since there wasn't any change.  I'm not seeing any change today...

Patience is not one of my virtues...

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »
I think the back of the bottle says in about 4-6 days you will start to see the difference...you are half way there bro. I was at wally world earlier but I forgot to pick up a bottle.....I will get it tomorrow..cause IM sure there is going to be SOMETHING i have forgotten...even though I hate walmart.... keep us posted bro.
Timmy

Enter your email address: