Author Topic: Fantasy Football Championships  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
Fantasy Football Championships
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:04:20 PM »
hey all.  for those of you fortunate to have made it this far in your championship leagues, congratulations.  this thread is meant as a place to post lineups, memorable wins from the season, advice questions, whatever.  i want to say i made it through the thickness with a record of 9-3-1 to catch a #3 seed and knock off the lower-record #2 seed who won the other division.  now i'm in the championship and am truly scared for the first time all season.  here's my starters:

qb: drew brees
rb: ladainian tomlinson
rb: brandon jacobs
flex: maurice jones-drew
wr: andre johnson
wr: santonio holmes
te: kellen winslow
def: vikings
k: nick folk

i'm in this league with 9 of my close friends, and the money's not important--collecting it from them is!  i hope i win but if i lost it will be to my best friend whose team is stacked with rb's, so i won't feel so bad.  what have you all got? 

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Fantasy Football Championships
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:25:12 AM »
asher.....my team played like crap all season.  i did have a decent backfield though.  unfortunately...my fantasy team didn't make the playoffs.  this was my 1st time playing fantasy leagues and even though my team didn't make it in the playoffs i had a blast.  hey baldrob...count me in next year 4 fantasy football.
if anything.... i've enjoyed all the "smack talk" that we engaged in.  i'll say the best trash talkers were schro and baldrob....hands down.  if they had a betting line in vegas between those two....the line would be EVEN. :*))

here's my regular starting lineup:

qb:  philipp rivers
wr:  chad "ocho cinco" johnson
wr:  brandon marshall
rb:  ladanian tomlinson
rb:  willis mcgahee
te:  jeremy shockey
k:    nate kaeding
def:  minnesota

oh...btw... asher...i am also playing fantasy basketball.  i'm doing much better.  i'm currently in 2nd place. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »
I can't believe I made it to the semis.  I was in 3 fantasy leagues this year and I sucked in my draft in all of them. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »
I can't believe I made it to the semis.  I was in 3 fantasy leagues this year and I sucked in my draft in all of them. 

And you are getting your ass whooped hard in the Championship game by yours truly!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
Had one of my best years ever, until the playoffs. There's always next year. By far my worst finish, but it had been a while too.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!