Author Topic: Today's Dermatologist Appointment (Blah!)  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Uncle Fester

• Fester says...
  • Sly Jr.
Today's Dermatologist Appointment (Blah!)
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:30:25 PM »
Hey fellow SBG's...Happy Holiday's to all.  I just wanted to let you guys know that since I started shaving about six weeks ago, I noticed that I uncovered some skin spots up there that looked a little funky.  These were light to dark brown irregular circle looking things...some the size of peas...some as big as quarters.  I think there were  about eight of them up there.  None of them were raised so they did not impede on my shaving up top.  I work in a hospital so a couple of docs told me that I needed to have them checked out.  Fester has been really busy taking care of Fester Jr. (7 y/o) as he fractured his little elbow last week imitating some of his WWE heroes.  Needed surgery and three pins to put it back together.  Needless to say, I don't think he'll be doing any "flying elbows" off of the couch for awhile.  Fester finally had time to get to the dermatologist today.  She suggested that she take one off so that I could see how much it hurt and then come in for subsequent visits to remove the rest.
Much to her surprise...I told her to cut them all out.  Well, she did...and sent them all out to be biopsied.  She told me that I "probably" had nothing to worry about but it's all still pretty unsettling.  My head now looks like a dalmation...with black spots all over it and a definite stinging feeling...especially in the shower.  I've always used sunscreen on my scalp because prior to becoming a SBG as I always wore really short crew-cuts.  Use your  sunscreen guys!  Even in the winter!  I'm really glad I decided to shave my head...I may never have known these lesions were up there.  Take care of your head!  Fester will be wearing a bandana until the coconut heals.
By the way, the doc had to give me about thirty injections in my scalp to numb the various areas (real pleasant!)
Warmest Regards,
Your Uncle Fester   

When I'm dead and gone, no one will give a rat's ass about what kind of car I drove or what kind of house I lived in.  All that will matter is that I positively impacted the life of a child.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Today's Dermatologist Appointment (Blah!)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »
WOW...enlightening for sure.  Thanks for the warnings.  Sunscreen will be applied daily here..

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
Sorry to hear about it...but nice to know your ok!

Good advice on the sunscreen... don't go out without 30 spf, even in this here Northwest..

but the MPB dudes and "crewed" dudes that AREN'T shave totally smooth yet... wear sunscreen!

Good reminder bro O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »
Sound advice Fester. Hope all works out for the best.
I use an after shave that has SPF 15, so it helps. Also, we need to make sure to apply some type of protection to your ears. My father in law had a mild case of melanoma on both ears. He's the reason I wear floppy (bucket) hats or panama style straw hats when I go golfing.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:49:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about your spots Fester.  It's good that you got them checked out.

As Fester and others have said, USE SUNSCREEN!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Great that you got those checked out Fester and that all is ok.  Hope little Fester is on the mend soon.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »
fester...hope all is well with u & that your little one recovers quickly.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: