Author Topic: DAILY SHAVERS: R U guilty of skipping a day since it's winter??  (Read 8534 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
DAILY SHAVERS: R U guilty of skipping a day since it's winter??
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:32:33 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes....just wondering... this is 2 the daily headshavers.  R  U guilty of skipping a day since it's winter time?  i've notice some of u guys have been skipping a day because of the cold (keeping u smoooth longer) or just being lazy.  i'll start:  well...i'll confess.... i have skipped a day or 2 so far but 2 days is the maximum.   the reason is just being lazy.  it's not cold yet in beautiful pensacola.  however....in the summer i rarely skipped a day.

so... how 'bout U?  R  U guilty of skipping a day or two?  what's your reason?  the cold weather?  laziness?  or a combination of both?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: DAILY SHAVERS: R U guilty of skipping a day since it's winter??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »
No way...thought skipping a day was illegal :x!   Gotta keep the old dome shiney, how else will Santa find my house in the dark.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »
No way...thought skipping a day was illegal :x!   Gotta keep the old dome shiney, how else will Santa find my house in the dark.

I'm with Paul.  Christmas is not a time for slackers. :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:02:06 AM »
I try to avoid skipping a day because of the relief it provides from an itchy scalp.
Still, yesterday I skipped the shower/shave (didn't go running either). I'm paying for it this morning....I feel an itch on the dome this morning. I plan on going running a little later and then cleaning up the head nice & smooth  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »
Sorry, gang.....GUILTY !!!

I'm not sure I've EVER shaved 2 days in a row. 

Every other day for me is probably like every day for some of you hyper-pubescent apes.

Three days or more and I'm slackin'

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
No way...thought skipping a day was illegal :x!   Gotta keep the old dome shiney, how else will Santa find my house in the dark.

I tried to skip a day, then gave in before noon.  Why deal w/ it when relief is just a few pleasant minutes away?

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
For me, it's not just because I'm being lazy...I'm just now approaching the 30-day milestone and keep-or-return decision point.  :-\ I've tried doing it every day.

Might be the colder, dry weather, but I kept getting a lot of red blotchy irritation marks if I shave daily. For now, sticking with 3-4 days also preferred by wife). Maybe in Spring, I'll get on the daily program. Hats off to those who are morning and evening shavers.

I do shave the face every day. For some reason, that bugs me even more to have stubble on the mug.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:09:54 AM by Rob6 »

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:23:33 AM »
I dont skip a day at all.  Only if I am sick or something like that..which is not too often.  I dont understand really the guys....not just pointing you out Rob...cause others do it too...why do they shave once every 3-4 days.  For me if I were to do that....i would have a good size amount of stubble.  So why have the on again off again look.  Cause it would look like i was completely bald for about a day or 2 and then 2-3 days with short stubble.  I dunno...just my outtake on it and I just perfer to keep it smooth.  Cause I shower every morning and it only takes about 3 minutes longer than it would if i had to wash my hair....Good luck and MERRRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:45:25 AM »
I had to skip a whole week due to headblade induced injury.

I skip days shaving all the time. I find I keep a much nicer head if I am not dragging razors over it all the time. I usually shave every other day (unless I am going out in public etc.)  but I go into mountain man phases here and there where I will go up to 3 days w/o shaving.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
Might be the colder, dry weather, but I kept getting a lot of red blotchy irritation marks if I shave daily.

Try to get some 10% Benzoyl Peroxide gel at the drugstore, or some creme w/ 10% in it.  Apply immediately after shaving, let dry before applying the moisturizer.  Those spots will go away w/ a week.

Offline Zeekev

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
I'm an every other day shaver of both my head and face. When I'm on vacation I get a little lazy and go for a few days w/o shaving but it starts to drive me crazy after awhile and I gotta shave.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
Haven't shaved since monday because I took a chunk outta my head with a dull blade

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 02:16:20 PM »
I'd rather shave every day, because the stubble is just too tough if I leave it any longer, and it takes me too darn long to shave it smooth.  I also seem to cut myself more when the stubble is thicker.  Left it two days last week when I had a cold, but it was harder to shave it afterwards, and too time consuming! 8)

Bald_freak

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »
actually I shave more. If I don't my hoodies stick like velcro.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
I'm a daily shaver .....but I did skip 2 days since I started because I didn't get up in time and needed to get checked out of my hotel and get on the road for the next job.

I hate skipping I don't plan on it again. I HATE the velcro!

My hair grows so fast that I should be a twice daily shaver. I still do the touch up deal all the time.