Author Topic: What time of day to shave and how often?  (Read 7408 times)

Offline AdamsvilleAce

• Sly Jr.
    • JD's Myspace
What time of day to shave and how often?
« on: December 07, 2007, 06:46:16 AM »
I've ponder this for awhile,but when is the best time of day to shave so you can avoid that 5 o'clock shadow during the day.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:50:53 AM by schro »

BALDIES!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody ain't able!!!!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_112/563880/samp0f2d16106fd3e898.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What type of day to shave and how often?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:51:55 AM »
Not really sure bro.  I seem to always shave in the morning during my shower.  I think it actually depends on a lot of factors.  How close of a shave do you get, skin tone, how fast your hair grows.  There are some days that I dont notice stubble until later in the evening..but then again Ihave found it as early as 4 or 5 ( hence the 5 o'clock shadow)  Some people their hair grows faster than others.  I have though found that during the colder weather my hair grows slower.  It all just depends on the individual.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What time of day to shave and how often?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:54:55 AM »
I'll usually time my shaves after a run & a shower. Since I usually run at lunch time, I'm usually showering & shaving mid-day. If I know we have evening plans, I'll exercise later in the day so I can be at my smoothest for whatever event we're attending.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 07:14:15 AM »
I shave every morning after I've been up for about 30 minutes or so. I think I remember slickdome saying that the longer you wait, the better. Due to the fluids in your body "draining" toward your feet. Something like that. Forgive me if this doesn't make sense. I haven't had coffee yet.

Enjoy your Friday kids.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »
I have found that shaving after going to the gym works best and this observation was confirmed by some information on the net that between waking up and shaving there needs to be time for the skin to loose its puffiness that is normal at night.  For me it makes a difference of 4 or more hours before any "symptoms" of stubble.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
If you have to shave in the morning, wait at least an hour if possible for the closest, longest lasting shave is what works for me.  Best of all though, is after a morning run when you have reduced bodily fluids seems to give the very best of all.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
I usually shave around noon or if I am going out at night I will touch up before going.

I am a touch up junkie because I am constantly rubbing my head.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »
I'll second, third, fourth, or whatever the comments about getting the best results after you have been up for awhile.  I've never timed how long, but I would  imagine a half hour would probably do it.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »
I get up,have a shower,shave my face & then on to the Dome...most days
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 12:35:42 PM »
I usually shave twice a day, at 9am with the headblase sport, then at 6pm with the mach 3 turbo, i get 5 o clock shadow and i like my head slick.

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
I blade shave after work just before dinner. I find it's a good way to de-stress and relax after a long day. This way my wife gets to look at my fresh slick head over dinner. 8)
In the morning I use my Panasonic Wet/Dry shaver to smooth things out. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
I've found that I need to be up at least an hour to get my best shave.  On week days I just get about 20 minutes because of trying to get out the door on time.  I get stubble by noon, but I refuse to get up any earlier.  I just shave my best shaves for the weekend.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
I shave around ten, everyday, once a day

Offline stormdogg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »
i usually shave at nite before bed...i do this b/c i like to take my time while shaving b/c the only times i've had horrible accidents w/ shaving has always been when i am in a rush...i guess i could get up early...but like slyinkc said...it just aint happening

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »
I've found that I need to be up at least an hour to get my best shave.  On week days I just get about 20 minutes because of trying to get out the door on time.  I get stubble by noon, but I refuse to get up any earlier.  I just shave my best shaves for the weekend.

I agree with KC and storm. If I have to get up any earlier just to have a slower shave, it ain't happening. I am now on my permanent shift time, and have to be in for 7am. I will not get up any earlier than I have to, and some days I will go with skipping. However, on the weekends and my off days, I usually shave after I have been up for a while and have the time for a smooth slick shave. It's way more enjoyable that way.