Author Topic: A Guide To Balding Men's Hairstyles  (Read 13117 times)

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
A Guide To Balding Men's Hairstyles
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
I just came across this article about balding hairstyle options!  :D
http://skynewswire.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1205

This article says
"The worst balding men's hairstyle is the comb over. This is the classic look beloved of men of a certain age whereby the hair is grown longer on one side of the head and 'combed over' the bald area to the other side.
This strategy only spells disaster even in the slightest of breezes and is to be avoided at all costs."   :*))

"The ultimate balding men's hairstyle when faced with a shiny bald dome, is to go the whole hog and shave it off. You'll probably be amazed at people's reactions and the compliments you'll get." 8)

The article says, "if shaving doesn't tickle your fancy then you can always opt for a hairpiece as a last resort" - though it's not recommended.  :o

The article ends with this funny statement , "Don't pull your hair out looking for the right hair loss solutions, get all the free help, tips and resources you need now by visiting" this shameful site:
 http://www.1-hairlosssolutions.com

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: A Guide To Balding Men's Hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:17:22 PM »
Looks like the site with the article is down.  Also, sounds like the article was written to drive traffic to that horribly developed site.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »
Shaving your head only takes a few minutes and you don't need to do it every day (two to three times a week is fine).

Lies, LIES, LIES!!!!!!!
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »
LIARS!!!

That's a sweet graphic T!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:51:11 AM »
What I wanna know is, what part of yer body is yer 'fancy' and why put a hair piece on it anyways?! ;) :D

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:43:05 AM »
What I wanna know is, what part of yer body is yer 'fancy' and why put a hair piece on it anyways?! ;) :D

I have a guess, but there is nothing "fancy" about it. :XX
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:58:05 AM »
"Few minutes?"  Maybe, my best time is about 7 minutes.  But some of the stuff, short, then all the way, is the story of my life!  And he's dead on about the "comb over".  Why doesn't someone forward this to the political comentator, Patrick Buchannan, if he goes any lower to get the comb over he's going to need to grow a beard.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:43:51 AM »
Wouldnt it be easier if you just be the man you were suppose to be and just shave the crap off?
Lets see....
1...jump in shower   2.....wash body   3....apply shaving lotion  4.....shave dome slick  5...rinse    6... apply aloe vera gel.  DONE!

or....OR...
1... jump in shower   2... wash body   3...wet hair  4....apply shampoo   5...rinse   6.....shampoo again  7... rinse   8....apply conditioner   9....wait 5 minutes   10... rinse
11... towel dry hair   12.... blow dry hair   13..... add hairspray, mousse or gel, 14....style
15 Trim up any stray hairs   16....go out on windy day...have to fix hair that is messed up.   17....deal with "Hat Hair"  18 ...go back home and rewash it , restyle it and head back outdoors!.   TAKES TOO MUCH TIME!

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 09:01:21 AM »
Mercy! Mercy! Where do these guys get there info!
They don't talk to SLy Guys! I'm with TimmJ!
6 easy steps! I think so!!! O0

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »

This article says
"The worst balding men's hairstyle is the comb over. This is the classic look beloved of men of a certain age whereby the hair is grown longer on one side of the head and 'combed over' the bald area to the other side.

Actually, a combover "just happens" when one starts out with the classic "parted on the side" haircut, and the hair on top falls out from under the hair near the part.  At least that's the way it happened to me. 

I just kept getting the same "regular" haircut, and it turned into a combover before I even realized it...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »

This article says

Actually, a combover "just happens" when one starts out with the classic "parted on the side" haircut, and the hair on top falls out from under the hair near the part.  At least that's the way it happened to me. 

I just kept getting the same "regular" haircut, and it turned into a combover before I even realized it...

You're so right, been there, stayed too long, glad to be Sly.

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 06:22:59 PM »
i keep going from clipper cut to sly. i love the sly look, but like the clipper cut too. maybe i'm just hanging on to whats left........

tazdog

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 08:29:47 PM »
Although I'm still new to this Tazdog, I'm right there with you.  Only been sly for 5 days but I still love the tight cut look. 

The final straw was 4" of forehead and the side recession back to almost above my ears pushed me over the edge.  I'm going to give it the 30 days for sure just to see how it works out.  But so far I think I'm hooked.

When people have been asking me why I shaved it I've been telling them it was inevitable anyways and why wait till I look rediculous before doing something about it. 

Your look is up to you (unless your married...  ;D ), if switching back and forth works for you then go with it.  If your happy, great!  And to hell with those who don't understand.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 08:33:59 PM »
When people have been asking me why I shaved it I've been telling them it was inevitable anyways and why wait till I look rediculous before doing something about it. 

I always say that I just finished what mother nature started.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Giantsly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 05:33:54 AM »

I always say that I just finished what mother nature started.

Word. A couple of years ago I had a professor that was well respected. He had a bit of thinning on his crown (when you're insecurely thinning you notice everyone's hair do or don't) and one side of his head had receded further than the other. Being that we were friendly outside of the classroom, I hated to point out that he was rocking a comb-over. What really sucked was having my girlfriend at the time pointing this out in our vacation pictures. Honestly, even if you can't go sly, shorter is definitely better.

But not TOO short. One of my classmates had a high and tight that was way too high and way too tight. A flat top covering just the top-center of his head.

My favorite was a professor that had a haircut that was like...a V that had been placed in a vice. Stripes are for zebras, sir.