Author Topic: Greetings from Germany  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
Greetings from Germany
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:41:02 AM »
Hi Guys,

just wanted to say HELLO and intodruce myself.
I am an 28 year old guy from Germany and have been checking your forum for a couple of days now. Now I decided to register myself.

In the past 6 years I have been bald for a couple of times and I really love the look, especially the feeling. I spent about 2,5 years bald but from time to time I had to let the hair grow again.

Some people really like my bald look but there are also quite some who prefer me having hair. Especially the parents reaction wasn't that easy when I decided to shave my head.

Last days I am really thinking about shaving my head again ... everytime I see a bald guy I think "Oh yeah ... that looks great ... let's shave at home".

Hope I can add pictures of me with and without hair, soon. :) Curious about your opinons.

I already asked my friend if it wouldn't be great if I would be bald again. But he has seen me some weeks ago with a 3 mm cut and he didn't like it and now thinks that bald would be worse. So I have let it grow again.
But I have to admit that I also don't like me having a 3-6 mm cut ... completly shaved and bald looks much better on me! :)

*Christian :)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Greetings from Germany
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:07:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum Christian! It's great to have another member from Europe in our midst.

I think I would speak for all of us when I say, Chrome that dome!!!

Just take it all off and see what you think. Maybe everyone around you will get used to it if you just do it and keep it that way for a while. Best of luck in your decision and we look forward to reading more of your posts.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys, Christian! I echo what PigPen said.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 12:29:30 PM »
Welcome, Christian! Enjoy yourself here.  You hang around here enough, you'll be itching for that razor head combo.   ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:17:54 AM »
Hey Guys.

Thx for that warm welcome.
Glad I found this nice forum here.

Having a job interview tomorrow and that makes me think that it is not the best idea shaving my head right now. ;)

But seeing all you guys being bald makes me wanna be bald again even more. *g*

Here are also 2 pics of myself - one bald, one with hair.
Tell me what you like more - but I am pretty sure that I already know. ;)

First Pic is already about 2 years old, the other one is from last year.
Atm I look more like last years photo.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:20:25 AM by Christian »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:21:36 AM »
Yeah, you know. However, I feel that if you grew in your partial beard or even a full goatee thicker that you could definitely pull off the look.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:41:36 PM »
 ;) Gruess Gott, Christian! Both pics are good, but the haired one makes you look like an average Joe; the bald guy looks more interesting. I agree with PigPen, a bit more facial hair would add character. Best of luck on your interview. Has the bald look outgrown the old NSDAP stereotype in the BDR? I certainly hope it has, but my German friends are so absolutely politically correct that they're terrified of anything bold or original. Prof. Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 04:36:09 PM »
Hi Christian,

super, dass wir hier jetzt auch einen Deutschen unter uns haben! :)

welcome to the forum! I'm glad you went the extra mile and registered - when you register
a whole new world opens up (hahaha) and you can actually use the forum and post in it.

Anyway, I looked at your photos, but I have to be really honest here, you do look great both with hair
and without. But being bald is not just a physical appearance thing, it's an attitude as well (well, with most of us here, anyway).

As far as that job interview's concerned, I had similar thoughts ("is it really the best time to be bald now...?"). But if you go in there with confidence about your bald look, you'll be fine, no worries.

All right, I'm looking forward to your future posts. Welcome aboard! You're one of us now...hehehe ;D
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »
Hi Christian,

super, dass wir hier jetzt auch einen Deutschen unter uns haben! :)

I can speak German but I can give you a big New Jersey "How ya doin'"

and welcome.

Enter your email address: