Author Topic: Bald for the better  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Iceman

• Learning the way of Sly
Bald for the better
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »
Hey everyone, I just joined this site and my name is Mike.  This website has had a huge impact on my life surprisingly more than i would have ever thought.  I am 23 and currently in college and have converted to being a Sly bald guy.  I started to notice I had MPB when i was 18 but simply was in denial.  My parents, of course being parents, would always reinforce and reassure that I "always had a hairline" and was not going bald.  This did not help considering everyone else noticed.  Over time it progressively got worse and began to become very noticable by the age of 22.  I began to stock up on hairsprays, hats, and spent hours trying to make my hair not look like a horrible combover.  I'd look at any reflecting surface I could just to make sure my hair was ok.  The funny thing was I did such a good job concealing my hairlines that i convinced myself nobody knew  I began extensively researching rogaine and propecia, but also ran into this website.  At first, it seemed dumb.  I was obsessed with my hair.  Why would I ever shave my head?  I know it is upsetting to lose hair at any age, but at college age, it really sucks.  One day after getting my haircut I looked in a mirror, and just had enough.  I will no longer be a slave to this hair nonsense.  Instead of driving home, I drove to the local Wal-Mart and picked up the tools which would forever change my life.  This was a new day.  Looking back at myself, I realized i had just fixed this problem that had bothered me for so long.  I then began to think about everything else wrong in my life.  I was a smoker and never took care of myself despite having an already athletic build, and never worked out.  I crushed all my packs of cigarettes, and quit cold turkey.  I have even transformed my body by going to the gym religiously and eat only healthy food.  My girlfriend did not even recognize me when she came to visit me.  She was completely shocked, but absolutely loves it.  My dad started to call me riddick (Vin diesel from the movie Pitch Black) and always jokes I'm getting too big.  and to grow my hair back out.  i don't think that will happen any day soon.  Thank you all for your stories and creating this website and making my transformation one of the most positive moments in my life.  Thank you all.  Mike      

ugabulldog

Re: Bald for the better
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:12:11 PM »
All I can say is WOW!!!, incredible story and it is my pleasure to be the first to welcome you.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »
Iceman, that is an incredible story!  It's stories like that that make me realize it was the right thing to do in starting this site.

You can be my wingman anytime.  8)

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Top Gun reference.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
I can relate to a lot of what you've written.  Welcome.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
iceman...welcome 2 the sly fraternity. that is an incredible story. glad that ya finally did the deed and that your gf luvs it.  post up your headshave routine in the HEADSHAVING section of the forum.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »
Iceman,

All I can say is that I'm extremely happy that Tyler's wonderful site (and all of us crazy guys & girls) has made you a more confident, healthy person.  Feel free to post up often, and let's see a pic of the new you.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 06:13:01 PM »
Fantastic Iceman and great to have you join us.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
Welcome, Iceman. Good of you to share your story...you've probably already helped other people who were considering going Sly. Stick around!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 07:23:59 PM »
Welcome, Iceman, Great story.  Glad you've joined us.  Hope you'll stick around and continue to be an active participant.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »
HEY ICEMAN.....HIGH FIVE BRO!  thats awesome.  Your story made me kinds well up inside...lol.  No butyou are right...this site is awesome. I just wish I had foudn this site before I did the deed.  I just took a jump at it and then was searching for a maintenance forum on bald heads and found this site.  Keep it up bro..post up some pics.  See ya
Timmy

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »
The Iceman Cometh!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
Welcome, Iceman, Great story. Post a pic, if you can.

J

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 02:23:51 PM »
A most excellent conversion to sly story! Welcome to the forum!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »
Welcome Iceman!
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 07:36:26 PM »
Great story, and welcome to SBG!!   You made a very wise decision to just shave it all off.   I look forward to hearing more stories about your new slyness.   

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Enter your email address: