Author Topic: looking good with hair on both sides of the head  (Read 5873 times)

Offline theboss

• Sly Guy in Training
looking good with hair on both sides of the head
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:30:45 PM »
i am balding and often look at bald guys to see how i will look in a few years. unfortunately, i am usually dissapointed by how these guys look. for guys who grow out their hair on the sides, they usually look sort of odd, like the famous author salman rushdie, ex-president gerald ford, and former cowboys quarterback roger staubach. i think the guy who looks great with hair on the side of his head is ed harris, and of course he is a popular movie star. why does it seem so rare for someone to look "great" with their hair grown out on the sides? is it real hard to get it to look good and not have the appearance of your hair arching over the sides of your head? ugh. i am so worried about how i will appear! thanks for the help!

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
Re: looking good with hair on both sides of the head
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »
Welcome 'the boss'
I assume from your name that you either look like 'the boss~Bruce Springsteen or you are a fan of his.  O0

What about this guy?
Would you say he looks "great" with their hair grown out on the sides?

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:45:39 AM »
is it real hard to get it to look good and not have the appearance of your hair arching over the sides of your head?

Hi, "boss". Welcome to SBG.  To answer your question, no it is not difficult.  The general rule of thumb when it comes to MPB is, the shorter your hair is kept, the better.  I'd say keep it at no longer than a #2 buzz (1/4").  #1 (1/8") is better still.  Buzz it at least once a week to keep a tidy appearance. 

Better yet, shave it all off completely.  It will grow back to 1/8" within a week if you don't like it.  It's the best option for most people.  Take a look at photos of people like Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, and Michael Chiklis.  Do you think any of those guys would look better with a cul-de-sac of hair around the sides of their head?   Then take a look at someone like Terry Bradshaw. Don't you think he'd look better without that long fringe?

Let go of the hair; it's overrated anyway.  Instead, concentrate on upgrading your wardrobe and keeping physically fit to look your best.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »

...The general rule of thumb when it comes to MPB is, the shorter your hair is kept, the better.....Better yet, shave it all off completely. 

YEP!!

What Razor said !!!

Offline SlyInSLC

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »
Besides Ed Harris, the only person I can think of that looks good with hair on the sides is Patrick Stewart. He keeps it really short, just like everyone has suggested so far. He has so little hair, he might as well go sly.

I agree with the other suggestions too - Keep fit and dress right. And, if you haven't already, develop a cool foreign accent (e.g. Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery). That never hurts. O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
razor said it best.  one other person who would look better with a smooooth dome but wears it very short is actor...jason statham...oh yeah....he also has a kool accent, also. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!