Author Topic: annoying new advertising...  (Read 5576 times)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
annoying new advertising...
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
Has anyone else in the Cincinnati area heard the radio advertising by the transplant pusher here?  It encourages children to ridicule bald guys by playing a new game called "See Spot".   The ad tells them that when they see a bald spot on a man's head, they should point and yell "See Spot!!!"

It is just another example of the depths to which some people will stoop to sell a questionable product.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: annoying new advertising...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »
thats seriously weak...

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:59:53 PM »
That's stupid
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:28:47 PM »
As susceptible as kids are to the hype of the media, it will happen.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 11:16:32 PM »
is that a PC thing?? 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »
That's like us creating a video to teach kids how to pick out guys with hair plugs and laugh at them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 02:09:11 PM »
Well, they won't see a "spot" on this head, it's always shaved clean----I wanted to get rid of the "spot" and I did like most here.  If my child ever said anything like that to a fence sitter, I'd slap them clean into next week!  :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »
  If my child ever said anything like that to a fence sitter, I'd slap them clean into next week!  :x!

Hope you don't live in Massachussetts:

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=226056

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »
Well, let them enforce it.  As a lawyer I really get swelled at unenforcable legislation @c3, it's just a publicity stunt by legislators.  A child can't appear in proper person and unless the spanking gets to physical harm, it's not actionable under any sane system.  And another point, psychological cruelty is never mentioned--withholding love, attention, etc. 

sorry everyone, I'll get down from my soap box now. 

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »
Has anyone else in the Cincinnati area heard the radio advertising by the transplant pusher here?  It encourages children to ridicule bald guys by playing a new game called "See Spot".   The ad tells them that when they see a bald spot on a man's head, they should point and yell "See Spot!!!"

It is just another example of the depths to which some people will stoop to sell a questionable product.

When do children listen to the radio? I think most are listening to their iPods, or playing with their Wii. ;D

Rather than actually appealing to children, I think this is intended to prey upon the insecurity of a guy with MPB. It's still pretty low. :x!
Just say no to rugs!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »
  If my child ever said anything like that to a fence sitter, I'd slap them clean into next week!  :x!

Thats a big problem with kids today there are no consiquences and no disapline these days, "time out" big "F"n deal.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »

2 ridicule anyone 4 an advertising promo is just plain wrong.  it just goes 2 show ya that idiots still populate this planet.  it definitely won't make me purchase a rug from the "rug pushers".  it is just their desperate attempt 2 promote their product.  oh well... call me spot... i'm gonna keep my dome smooooooth!!! O0

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:11:42 PM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:23 PM »
One of the reasons I keep my dome sly is that one of the last times I did grow the hair back, a co-worker noticed the "spot" in the back.  Fortunately he wasn't trying to be mean.  When I had first started that job, I had hair and only the front was receeding.  So when I grew it back, the "spot" appeared.  Forturnately, going sly has been a confidence builder.  But I do think that making fun of people's appearances is pretty low.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »

Thats a big problem with kids today there are no consiquences and no disapline these days, "time out" big "F"n deal.

Thats true bro, a kid on the bus tried took a five right out of my my gf's purse while she was getting her cellphone out. On instinct she bitch slapped the poor kid to the ground. The mother had a horrified look on her face but I think she knew my gf was in the right there.