Author Topic: Shave Secret - The best shave you can get from Wal-Mart (ssshhh, don't tell)  (Read 59024 times)

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
 I like using shave oils under shave creme like my fav, Head Slick, or even regular bar soap.  By itself, it works ok for me, but using it under Head Slick, I get my entire face and head as slick as a ball bearing.  good stuff

BaldRob

I just picked some of this stuff up... going to give it a go tomorrow!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I just picked some of this stuff up... going to give it a go tomorrow!

You won't be disappointed Rob
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
I've been seeing this stuff everywhere............. I've got to give it a try.......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

BaldRob

WOW!  That had to be one of the best shaves ever!!

I did my normal shower shave routine using Shave Secret... and the smoothness of the razor glide was fantastic, as was the closeness of the shave!  As with all other oils that I've tried, the razor did gunk up, but it wasn't too bad.

The only thing that put me off a bit was the scent... it does smell like Vick Vaporub.  However, a quick wash with Bald Guyz wash after the shave took care of the lingering odor.

This is definitely my travel shave stuff now!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WOW!  That had to be one of the best shaves ever!!

I did my normal shower shave routine using Shave Secret... and the smoothness of the razor glide was fantastic, as was the closeness of the shave!  As with all other oils that I've tried, the razor did gunk up, but it wasn't too bad.

The only thing that put me off a bit was the scent... it does smell like Vick Vaporub.  However, a quick wash with Bald Guyz wash after the shave took care of the lingering odor.

This is definitely my travel shave stuff now!

Tolda ya so
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
All I can also say is WOW.  I ran out of shave gel yesterday and had to use my electric.  So I ran to Wal-Mart at lunch yesterday to pickup a new can of shave gel.  I see the Shave Secret and I've always wondered if the stuff would really work.  I think I've always been skeptical because it is such a tiny bottle and it says that you only need to use a couple of drops.  I just thought "How could that be????"

Well, I decided to pickup a bottle, but also picked up a can of shave gel.....just in case.  I tried it this morning and I can honestly say that I got one of the best shaves that I have ever gotten.   All of you guys really need to try this stuff.  The only hard part for me is being used to seeing the foam from the gel on my head, I always knew where I had shaved.  Using this stuff, you definitely have to use the braille (feel) method.  It will take some getting used to but based on what I see today, I'm sold on the stuff.

Also, an added benefit is that I think if helps my complexion and skin tone.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

Noticed this stuff a while back around here and bought a bottle.  It did give a really good shave but I just can not get over the smell.  It's not a real bad smell just way too strong.  I may use Baldrob's advice and give it another try but then rewash the dome afterwards. 

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
I've used it before too, but like Lance and BR, I can't stand the smell.  Also, hard to get used to shaving without seeing some kind of product on the dome you know?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Hey Scott, Im still using the headslick.  Actually I just opened up taht bottle you gave me back in January.  I can use a bottle of that stuff for 4 months before I run out.  Im surprised you didnt like it. I havent tried any of these other things you all been talking about.  Its almost like well...if Im not having any trouble with what Im using....why switch.  Maybe Im just not open minded enough....but oh well.  I still have the slickest Dome this side of the Mississippi!.....lol

Timmmayy!

jusbnme

Hey Scott, Im still using the headslick.  Actually I just opened up taht bottle you gave me back in January.  I can use a bottle of that stuff for 4 months before I run out.  Im surprised you didnt like it. I havent tried any of these other things you all been talking about.  Its almost like well...if Im not having any trouble with what Im using....why switch.  Maybe Im just not open minded enough....but oh well.  I still have the slickest Dome this side of the Mississippi!.....lol

Timmmayy!

Naw, you're good Tim.  It's not about you not being open minded or not.  You just have a product that works for you so it makes sense for you not to change up.  Or waste a bunch of money on other things when you have one that works.  It's funny about that...I started out trying the HeadBlade and all of it's products.  Then I went from one product and razor to the next.  Blew, God knows how much money.  Now I'm right back to where I started without a problem in the world.  Using the good old HeadBlade, HeadSlick, HeadLube and other HB products.  I think sometimes it comes down to just not giving something enough time.  With me it was anyway. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
I saw this in WalMart a while back, gave it a quick thought and then said, you know what, I've got three products that work just fine for me. I use the KoS oil and I get a good shave from it.
I agree with Lance in saying why just spend the extra money to try every damn thing?. My trio works just fine, and I'm going to stick with it. The only one I do eventually want to try is the Bald Guyz shave gel.

But I do agree with Tim, Headslick is definitely the tops for me.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
I picked this stuff up tonight at Wal-Mart and I'll be trying it tomorrow. From what I've read here, I'm pretty stoked. Sounds like it's awesome.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
I've been using it since Ty posted this thread and I love it. I was using it under my slick but lately I've been using it alone and it works great. Jut keep it wet and use a little more than what is recommended.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
I've been using it since Ty posted this thread and I love it. I was using it under my slick but lately I've been using it alone and it works great. Jut keep it wet and use a little more than what is recommended.

I've noticed this too.  I tend to use about 6 drops.  Just a couple more than what is suggested.  But it does give the best shave and the best benefit I've found is that the oil gives my skin a great complexion.  Very smooth and clear. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed